Am I weird for hating first dates?

I hate first dates that are blind (either set up by friend or online date)

Some girls including my friends get so excited about online dates. But, I just can't make myself excited. In fact, I almost dread them and have to talk myself into going sometimes! (Because I have a very busy schedule the past year or so and limited free time)

Am I weird?

I don't dislike dating, when I am going out with a guy I have met before I get very excited. But it's hard to be excited when I don't know the person yet. In the past my online dates have never been what I pictured in person (for the better or the worse) so I try not to talk too much to him before the date or think about it.

Am I weird? I just think it's bad to get my hopes up about someone I don't even know yet!

Most Helpful Girl

• no, first dates can be horribly awkward and annoying

What Guys Said 2

• I'd say it's fairly normal. You're not sure if the effort you're putting into this first date will be worth it, so you feel particularly nervous and upset about it.

• just try to come up with a first date that is not awkward

What Girls Said 2

• Nope they can be nerve-racking

• no, I have them too.