Overthinking or bad sign?

both 20 in college btw

Was texting this girl I'm friends and I sorta like. I remember she talked about having a gym membership at the same gym I go to (planet fitness). Basically I threw out the offer that if she needs a partner I can go with her, she was a bit embarassed and self-conscious I could tell as she said she either likes to go alone or with her sister. eventually she said "haha maybe one day ill think of going with someone else"

anyway at the end of the convo I said "we can also do something else whenever, just sayin" and no response. I was implying a hang out but maybe she didn't understand it?

next day I sent a text of a funny picture she'd like and no response. I know she gets busy sometimes and reads it and forgets to reply, but it makes me think... who would forget to reply to a text they AT LEAST enjoy talking too? or maybe I'm being too negative?

worst part is this girl never texts first(I even asked guys she was definitely into, they said the same thing too) so I'm not sure what to do. text again? when? what do I do really?

• Overthinking
  • Bad sign
  • Just text her again!
  • Other (post what)

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought something seemed familiar about this question, I answered your other one. Just give her a call, it lets her know you want to talk and you don't leave your thoughts alone on a forgotten text if she isn't available. I don't see any signs of her being very interested in you right now from what I see but you don't hurt yourself by making the call or sending a text, you hurt yourself by never trying. A bruised ego won't kill you (nor do I think it should even be bruised by these kind of things) but you might want to kill yourself if you found out down the road that you had a chance but she was waiting on you to call, and you never did.

• oh, just don't smother her with texts and calls if she doesn't answer anything though lol. I kind of assume everyone had better common sense than to do something as ridiculous as that but people surprise me online.

• thanks though man

• No problem, see it never hurts to call or text again. Forget pop culture rules of never double texting or whatever it is they say. There are no rules

What Girls Said 5

• Wait for her to reply. If she doesn't within a few days, text her again. If she doesn't respond or only replies with a short answer, she's not into you.

• It is definitely a bad sign

• I think you are over thinking.

• i would thin its a really bad sign.

• i don't think she is that totally into you

What Guys Said 4

• i think you are putting her in an awkward position of clearly knowing that you are interested in her but you're trying to be around her without out and out telling her how you feel (essentially I think she can't tell you're sort of beating around the bush). I think it may help to explain how you feel towards her to eliminate all grey area. then at least the decision can be made to see if something is there between you two or you're better off as friends

• She's just not that into you.

• Scenario: Overthinking.

Longterm Effort: Hopeless.

• i would take it as a bad sign.