Are most of your online dates awkward?

I notice this pattern where I go on an Internet date and when we meet it isn't awful but there is no connection. We have a polite conversation that is absolutely nothing special and that's the end of it.

Does this happen to a lot of people where your online dates are not bad or crazy but dull and slightly awkward ? My last guy seemed more enthusiastic at the beginning than the end but I wasn't acting so interested because I felt no connection.

It's so discouraging. I'm not really an awkward girl and I certainly am attractive so I am fed up. In real life I don't feel or seem boring.

Most Helpful Girl

• all of first dates can be stupidly awkward

What Guys Said 3

• What is online isn't any different from what is out there in person / bars / clubs / concerts, whatever

You just didn't connect to them. Big deal! Everyone's different! Better luck next time!

• Nah not really... I would say 3/4 of them are rather pleasant...

• Aren't most first dates at least somewhat awkward?

• I had a first date that was amazing and we barely knew each other but it was great!

• "a first date" So only one then, yes? My "aren't most first dates" still rings true.

Perhaps you should stop trying to find dates on the internet if you're not happy with the dates or the people you're meeting.

What Girls Said 2

• i think you should try and Skype with the person firs tso its more of a trnascition you know? maybe it could make it better

• I've been on some pretty awful dates. Most of the bad ones came from a dating site, haha!

But not every date the site got me was bad, I got several relationships out of it :-)