Not interested or bad timing?

I just asked this girl out on a date. This would be our first date. Her reply was "Sure but I have to make sure I'm not busy". We're both in high school, she's a sophomore and I'm a junior, so I have my license to pick her up and drive her home. If she gets back to me and says she's busy, should I assume she's not interested? Also, should I message her to ask or just let it blow by if she doesn't get back to me? We organized it two days ago, she still said she's not sure today, and the date is supposed to be Saturday.

I don't know if this changes anything, but I just remembered that she had never had a boyfriend before.

Most Helpful Girl

• i would say either she is playing hard to get or she doesn't like you

What Girls Said 6

• you might text her very casually and just mention what you had planned.. girls like it when the guy plans it because then they A. know what to expect. B know what to wear. and C. it shows that you made the effort to actually think of something. just text her something like "hey if you aren't busy, I was planning to take you to joy's ice cream parlor and then mini golf at pirate's cove." and then maybe tease her with something about how you want to test her putt putting skillz or some silly joke. . don't over think it and if she says no, make other plans but suggest something else on a different day.. if she still says no then move on. plenty of fish in the sea. :) good luck!

• She may not be interested and incredibly shy as she never had a boyfriend before. But you should remind her and if she doesn't give a legit reason for why she cannot make it you will know for sure if she is sincerely not interested.

• I think she's scared. She's never had a boyfriend before, so I assume she's never been on a date She's also a sophomore. Maybe be less formal with her at first. I really do think she's scared and doesn't know how to respond.

• Just remind her and if she says she's busy with a legitimate reason and try's to reschedule then yeah she's interested. But if she just says she's busy, and that's it then she's definitely not interested

• i think she's definitely interested in you.

• I think she is just shy, but still likes you.

What Guys Said 1

• I think she's being a typical evil teenage girl who is out to destroy your emotions. Don't tolerate it. Find another girl.