Should you accelerate things when involved in online dating?

So I met a girl online and we just recently switched from online to in person. We had one great date already, with a second planned. We are in daily contact and I think she is interested in me as she has already expressed some interests in things she wants me to do with her later this summer.

I feel like with online dating you almost have to rush things because there is always a chance someone else could message them they like better. Am I wrong in thinking that? Should I let things play out like we didn't meet online, or should I have the "exclusive" talk with her quicker than you would in most relationships? How long should I wait? After how many dates/how much time? On one hand I want her to know I am focused on her and that I am not dating around but on the other I don't want her to freak out if I try to move too fast.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow. I'm on the exact Same boat as you. We already planned second meet up! Lol!

I would wait til 3rd date to have exclusive talk

What Girls Said 3

• How did things turn out, did you guys have the talk? About at what date number? Never sure how to go about the exclusive talk or leave it to the guy...

• you should wait a little bit, don't want to seem desperate

• i think you should just wait around two dates and if she still seems as happy as she is you can talk about exclusivity

What Guys Said 2

• Online dating should be accelerated but for different reasons. For example, you want to meet the actual person (which you have) to ensure you're not talking to a misrepresentation of the person you think you're into.

You also want to press the issue on online dating because you can't rely on the online aspect of the relationship to hold it together. Cyberspace has a way of brewing unintended feelings that may be a detriment to your chemistry

As far as her opting for other guys, well, that's on her. If she's not ready to commit out of fear that she might pass up a better opportunity down the road, then she's not familiar with the proverb "a bird in hand is worth two in the bush". That poor judgment in value of the present is something humans tend to make and unfortunately whether you go too fast or too slow won't impact the likelihood she makes that mistake. But if she isn't feeling it, she isn't feeling it. Nothing can be done about that. All you can do is seize the moment.

• No, don't accelerate anything at all. After all, rushing will just hasten the relationship as well.