Should I agree to hang out with this guy who initially wanted casual sex?

I had a summer class with this guy in college. We usually talked to each other in class and then one day he asked for my phone number and we texted a few times, typically homework related. One time I was at a party and he happened to be there as well. So we hung out and he seemed to enjoy my company. We talked a little bit about our dating life and he said that he has only had one serious relationship but he has dated a few girls and slept with them. He said that's how he came to know them better. I sort of got a vibe that he's a player but I'm not sure because I've never really dated anyone before. Then, he asked me if I'd come to his room after the party is over and I refused.

A week later, he texted me casually and then he asked if I'd like to hang out sometimes. I don't think I'm attracted to him per se. I think I'm more interested in the idea of having a boyfriend and going on a date since I've never dated before. I don't really know much about this guy other than he's funny and a bit egoistic. Do you think I should go for it or not?

Thank you so much for the advice!

By the way, I meant should I trust him enough to hang out to get to know him not to give in as a hook-up?

Most Helpful Girl

• Please don't make any decisions with this guy because you're:

"more interested in the idea of having a boyfriend and going on a date since I've never date before"

been there. done that. I could be wrong but he seem like a player and he seem like he wanted to have sex with you (well that's what all guys want which is natural but of course its not that simple) I don't want to advise you to "cut this guy off". I say get to know him more first. don't sleep with him because he keeps asking or because you think if you sleep with him you will finally have a boyfriend. if things don't work out with you too, you can walk away with little to no emotions but if you get in too deep, you would have to walk away with a lot of heartbreak and pain. so I'll leave with this.take your time and get to KNOW this guy first. please be wise.

• @update: but you don't know him yet to trust him to hang out whenever wherever. If he wants to take you out to eat lunch, for example, that is fine. but to trust him enough to go back to his room to "hangout"..I would not do that.

• oh I just now saw your comment. It makes a lot of sense. I'll definitely be cautious. I don't want to cut him off because I still see him in class but yeah, I will keep our meetings in public. Thanks so much!

• no problem. you're a smart girl. all the best :)

What Guys Said 2

• That's his strategy for meeting with and dating the girls he likes, in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with that. -Just like your strategy is to "have a boyfriend and going on a date". I think that could blend well.

He'll want sex, of course. You just have to make yourself clear on whether or not you actually want that from the beginning. If not, you are wasting his time, if you can consider it, by all means go ahead.

• If you know his intentions and you trust him enough, then you should know how to decide upon stuffs.

What Girls Said 4

• no. that is just his way to get you close to him for sex

• no, he is just trying to sweet talk you into being with him to then have sex

• Only hang out with him if you go on a formal date.don't hang out at his house or yours or anyone's place.either he takes you on a real date or don't waste your time.he needs to show you that he's willing to put in effort

• You should not go for it. You sort of got a vide that he's a player and you have never dated before.Not good pairing!