Do most guys eat like slobs?

Ok, maybe slob is too strong of a word, but I think you can see what I mean.

I went out a few times with a guy and there were several dates where his eating habits made me cringe. On one date, he ate soup noodles with a spoon. He didn't even bother to use chopsticks to pick up the noodles. Another time he used his hands to eat sushi. I guess sushi is neat enough where you can use your hands and if we were indoors, I wouldn't care. But we were in public.

Do most guys just not care about how they look when they eat?

Most Helpful Guy

• When in public or with a girl I have pretty good table manners. When at home alone lololol balls to the wall slob. No such thing as a knife and fork in Africa!

What Guys Said 12

• I'm guessing you're asian, because every North American I've ever met use a spoon to eat soup, some use forks for the noodles, but I've never heard of chopsticks being used. How would you drink the broth? Because picking up the bowl to drink from is considered poor etiquette here.

I'm not a huge fan of sushi, so I can't really say anything about that.

I try to have decent table manners, but I'm sure I probably make the occasional mistake. I'd much rather go out on a date with someone who has poor table manners than with someone who sits across from me in quiet disgust and judgement.

• Yep, I'm Asian. Like another person said, scooping up noodles with a spoon is like using a spoon to cut into a steak lol. It's not the first utensil you'd use for that type of food. He can use chopsticks. I've seen him do it lol. The way I eat soup noodle is I use chopsticks to put some noodles in the spoon and get some broth in it too so you get both at the same time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a slob when I'm at home. But when I'm out, I try to have good table manners and I make mistakes too

• Ha! "...quiet disgust and judgement." That's a hoot!

• The guy actually ATE SOUP WITH A SPOON! What a cretinous mongoloid!

• hahahah! My thought as well

• He ate noodles and soup with a spoon lol

• Well, I figger since the spoon offered to eat soup with in Asian restaurants is the size of a bucket-loader, I can probably cram a few noodles in there. It's certainly more appealing to me than the thought of trying to eat them with two little sticks.

• Yeah , some guys are slobs in terms of eating because either very hungry or they don't give a damn how they look.

It varies from guy to guy.

• May be he doesn't know.. why don't you teach him... ? .. I am a slob as well. I don't give a f*** what people say or think.

• Depends on the food. BBQ rack ribs? Hotdogs? Pizza? Hamburgers? French Fries? Did into that sh*t with your damn hands.

Eating sushi with your hands.. what is wrong with that? People are to damn critical of pointless stuff. Its not like he was flailing spit and chunks of food all over the place or he blatantly didn't wash his hands before eating.

• actually...its perfectly acceptable to use your hands to eat nigiri sushi (the molded ones) or the cone ones. Although the noodles with spoon seems pretty awkward to do...lol That's like trying to carve steak with a spoon.

I'm not a slob when dining out at nice restaurants...unless its messy foods like wings or tacos or foods that your make your own wraps! then I'm a slob lol

• I didn't know that about sushi. Thanks. I didn't really mind that. The eating noodles with a spoon was weird, but impressive lol.

And nah, I eat finger foods (ribs, wings, etc) with my hands

• haha yeah, I can just imagine the noodles sliding off and splashing into the soup

• the next time you go eat noodle soup with him...you should tease him and tell him just to use his hands. It would be funny if he actually did use his hands...lol!

• prolly need to date guys who have some class. besides you think being a slop with a spoon is any better than being a slob with chopsticks? I do not know anyone who can eat with those!

• I eat like a slob when no one is looking. But around people I become self conscious

• Nah I always eat like a gentlemen.

• What exactly is wrong with either of those things?

• Using a spoon for noodles isn't something most people think of. A fork would be more suitable for the job. But hey, if it works for him...

• Maybe he forgot his table matters?

• go out to a reastorant and watch all the guys around you not just the one you are with.

I don't care about how I look when I eat but I don't eat like a pig at their trough.so I don't care what other people think when I'm eating but I eat clean so I don't have to wash my face when I'm done.

What Girls Said 8

• I wouldn't call that a slop. I went out with a guy who's mouth sounded like a washing machine when he chewed. That was annoying. I think he was chewing with his tongue or something. On the other hand my sister-in-law can't stand eating with my family because apparently we all bite out forks. Never noticed until she pointed it out.

• then I'm a slob too.

• Pretty much

• well why does he need to pick up the noodles with chopsticks and guys aren't really into them for sushi nor noodles. I don think that's too bad, but I guess most guys do.

• Some do

• Alot of people eat that way

• maybe he didn't know or isn't comfortable with how to eat Asian food...

• no, all of my guy friends eat nicely