Romantic date to Family date?

I just met this guytwo weeks ago. We were intoduced by a common friend. It was just a Hi and Hello meeting. Since then, we started texting, he called me on the phone once. But we text the whole day. Then, a few days ago, he asked me if I want to go out with him for dinner this weekend. He suggested a nice restaurant. Then I said yes. And now, it's the weekend, and he now suggestedto go with his relatives for some barbecue. Is there something I should be worried about? I'm just wondering because it was supposed to be a date for just the two of us.

Ok... So the date was finally over. I met his relatives, they were all nice to me. Bbq is not my dream first date but I'm sure I did well in the socializing part. I'm not cowboy, plus I prefer indoors. But, if the need arises, lol, I can adapt very well to situations like this. I felt like I was in a movie where the girl tries her best to please the family members lol! Anyway, overall it was fun. I enjoyed it but of course, we didn't have the time to talk togethe in private.
While we were in the car, on our way to my house, we were still talking bout random stuff. Kind of felt awkward. After that he just gave me a hug and he left. He texted me the next day to say thank you and that was it. I don't know if he is still interested. :(

Most Helpful Girl

• you should tell him that you thought it was a romantic dinner out. The fact that he changed his mind over the location, plus his family is involved suggests he is easily influenced about his family, I mean even if the barbecue plan showed up after he had told you about dinner, it means either he didn't have the guts to tell family he had other plans OR it could be a money issue, maybe he didn't get salary and being afraid of not getting you upset he suggested you that you should go out to the barbecue. Family date is not something desirable on a first date. Anyway, take the proposition and see how he behaves with you around family, you also see his relatives, it might give you a glimpse over the future. You can decide if you should dump him after or not.

• Yeah, I think he can't say no to his family. He planned the dinner date ahead of that bbq thing. Our common friend asked him bout it and he just said that he already said yes to his relatives. Omg. He's already 30! He has his own business so I don't know if it's a money issue.

What Guys Said 1

• I would be a bit worried as well. Sounds like he wants to show you off to his family... if you guys break up in the next little while that will be embarrassing for him now so puts more pressure on the relationship. You guys just met, sounds like you're moving quite quickly

What Girls Said 2

• well I think relatives is a bigger deal than a romantic night.

• i don't think you should be worried but try to talk to him and see what he was suggesting since the beginning.