Did the date go well or horrible?

Background: Girl and I have known each other for year, but she lives in a different State than I. She is currently at an amusement park with her family in the State that I live in.

The Date: We planned on dinner last night, but she had to take a rain check on it. I asked if she could do breakfast today and she said she could. When I went to meet her at the park, her mom came out with her (her parents are divorced) and saw her off. I opened the car door for her. In the car ride she commented on my GPS and gave it a nickname. We had pleasant conversation about how I must be horrible with directions and she turned off the GPS. When we got to the restaurant I opened the first set of doors, but wasn't able to make it to the second set of doors in time to open it for her. At the table we sat across from each other and had pleasant conversation about her life, my life, college (we might go to the same one), and she teased me a bit about various things. She had to send a text during the meal and pardoned herself for doing it. I noticed she was leaning into the table a lot. She was checking her phone a lot, but I can understand why since we were on a time frame. Upon leaving I picked up a flower pen and said 'don't I look gorgeous with this pen!?' and said 'You're so awkward', good or bad? I also opened the car door for her upon leaving. In the car ride back to the park she still talked and it was nice. I walked her back to where her family was at and stayed for a few minutes. I left when she asked if I was going to church or not. We hugged goodbye and she thanked me for paying.

My Conclusion: I think it went well. Remember that this is the first time we have ever gone on a date, but not the first time we have seen each other in person. The only red alert was her checking her phone and her mentioning that I had somewhere to be.

P.S. I only remember so much because I have photographic memory, I wasn't purposefully taking mental notes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it was a good date. Maybe she wanted to play mind f*** games and make sure you knew that you are just on a to do list to make her seem unattainable by checking her phone. Or she is just time cautious and likes to stay on schedule. Or she was nervous and playing with her fun, looking at it, gave her something to do besides think about all the things that could go wrong on a date.

You are thinking into this too much, guy :) Yall probably had chemistry the first time yall met and I'm sure it didn't go away or she would have mentally checked out while on the date. If she did, you would know because it would be obvious. Sounds like things went well :)

• Thanks! I always over-think, its the curse of the photographic memory because every minute detail is remember. I think you are right though.

What Girls Said 5

• I myself check my phone a lot even when I'm having the best time of my life which make me check it even more because I know how fast time goes by when 'im having fun and I want to stay on schedule obviously when I have other things that need to be done ;) Sooo , as long as she didn't seem bored , cheking the phone is not a bad sign .

Beside you were so nice so don't worry you did nothing wong and that is the important thing ;)

• it doesn't sound like anything went horribly wrong, but it's hard to tell if it was a good date cause it's all about chemistry. if you really like someone you can practically just sit there and do nothing and consider it a great time, but if you're not that into them then it doesn't really matter what you do together. so just follow your gut. if you hear from her again/she wants to see you again then it probably went well.

• It doesn't sound like you did anything bad, so how it went depends entirely on if the chemistry was there or not. Nobody here can tell you about that aspect. Either you both feel it or its not there. I guess you'll find out soon enough.

• I think you are over thinking this a lot, you know when a date goes well... the connection is either there or its not, don't force it.

• well I don't think you should have done and said the "'don't I look gorgeous with this pen!" but I think it was an OK date.

What Guys Said 2

• ...Honestly, if I had a first date that went like that, I wouldn't even bother to try to follow up. Unless she has no good options for men in her life, I can't imagine her being enthused about more of that.

• The date just went well. There's nothing that went bad.