Are there any guys left who actually want a girlfriend?

The only way for me too met guys is through online dating sites and I'm sick of guys asking for hookups. I am a nice girl looking for a boyfriend. What am I doing wrong? This is getting very annoying and frustrating to me. I am not the type of girl to just do random hookups but should I settle cause this is all guys want from me?

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a lot of guys left. You just need to search for them.

What Guys Said 9

• long story short: ... yes ...

but try to see this from another point of view:

a guy might find you attractive and also would want a relationship with you, but *because* you are attractive and "girlfriend material", he might assume you already have a boyfriend ... then there are those guy's who don't care as long as they get laid tonight ...

so the question is: how to find the other type of guy... this type of guy will most likely not be the guy who will walk up to you on a party or in a club and start talking to you ... find some interesting activity where you actually meet random people ... maybe go there with some friend or classmate ... that activity can be anything from sports to live action role play ... whatever you want, as long as it means you are meeting random/new people ... there you will have people that actually share at least one of your interests ... let someone know you are still "available", or take things into your own hands, and there you go ...

• Well if it says single on my dating profile then I don't have a boyfriend not sure if you read the whole thing. I don't go clubbing anymore or too bars to meet guys I'm on dating sites because I work with all women too. No one seems to have an answer for me. The times I have taken things into my own hands I was called desprete and clingy, so now I just let the guys come too me because it is there job.

• Im not gonna just put myself out there and chase after guys I also think its slutty.

• nah... no one is talking about slutty, or chasing boys ... just keep your eyes open and be flexible when it's you or him who should be starting a conversation... a smile might be enough ...

if you are just sitting there with a "don't even dare to look at me"-face, starring out of a window, it's not going to happen ... be aware of the situation, and maybe just try to create opportunities...

if that causes others to say you are slutty ... to hell with them ... what do they know about you?

• Quite a few do, but the better looking and more desirable he is, the less likely he wants one. There are really popular guys who want one, and there are certainly guys who can barely get laid who don't, but its a factor.

Be aware though that many guys just want hookups, and that those guys are always active on dating sites. Guys who want a girlfriend are only on the site between girlfriends, the 'hook up' guys never leave. So they will outnumber the relationship guys.

If you want a boyfriend, be clear you're looking for one. Don't hide it.

• Yes, there are plenty of good guys out there.

But they aren't found in those online dating sites. Visit some art classes. Participate in some sports club like Baseball or something like that. This way you can have some fun and meet guys who have got lifes and don't hang on the internet.

Maybe we'll meet each other in some art classes or on the baseball field. ;)

• Im not into any of those things tho.

• I have a girlfriend so yes there are

• So you are taken all of the good ones seem to be taken.

• there are guys that want a relationship out there

• Yes there is. But, if they are anything like me they are picky and hard to find. The only way I'll ever meet anyone is if I run into them while I'm exercising, grocery shopping, or eating at a restaurant with my family or friends.

• Of course I do. I want a girl I can show off to my friends, talk to on a higher level and f***. But at this current time, with the way my life is, I just can't handle it. I don't have a job, I have a car that's just barely driveable and I'm still in college at 24. You have to understand that you can't be hapy with another until you're happy yourself. The girl I'm talking to right now says she's fine with all that and that if she were here she would love to be with me because of how I treat her but like I said, I don't think sh understands that she's not my priority right now. finishing college and finding a career is. She already has a career

• You're not personally doing anything wrong. It's more women in general, actually.

The female sexual revolution has led to a situation in which sex is far more readily available to men now than in the past, and men today have been conditioned to expect it without much effort. At the same time, as a result of feminism, serious relationships with women are not nearly as attractive to men as the used to be.

Is it any wonder why women are generally much less happy today than they used to be, and men are as happy as ever?

• Ya it sucks that my own sex just gives it away so it leaves the women who want something serious in the dust. I'm done I'm going to be single forever! Women did it but don't look at me!

• Don't give up. There are still like-minded guys out there. Good luck to you.

• You aren't doing anything wrong we are out here but the ones looking for hookups are just more vocal and you might overlook the ones of us you might meet that are looking for a relationship wondering if we are lying.

• I would say 99% of guys are open to a serious relationship. When have you ever heard a guy say, "I don't want a relationship, no matter which girls comes along"? I've never heard that. But it is true that some guys are more open to it than others. Some guys are more easily persuaded.

Most guys, especially the non-weak guys that you're likely to find attractive, aren't the kind of guys who would want a relationship with every girl they date or have sex with.

I did online dating for a while. Let me say that most girls had terrible profiles that said nothing about their personalities, interests and so on. If you have just a profile pic, or you write some cliched thing like "I love traveling" or "I love shopping", that says nothing about you, nothing good anyway. So, if your profile says nothing about your personality, don't be surprised if guys who don't care about anything but the physical flock to your profile.

• Then if this is true then why do I keep hearing I'm looking for friends with benefits? Well the second part is good insight maybe I should change up my profile a bit. I just didn't know that this would be such a problem. I think it was easier getting my degree then it is finding a boyfriend.

• Well, that's what those guys are looking for. But that doesn't mean they're opposed in principle to serious relationships. Some guys are just pickier than others.

• What it means and you are not saying it is that they don't want to date me not that they don't want to date in general.

What Girls Said 3

• of course there are! but they can be hard to find! just be patient, but don't ever settle to the random hookups thing, unless its something you actually want.. all it will really give you is an STD and low selfesteem (guys only want me for my body not for me) he will show up one day:)

• A few you just gotta look hard

• And lol @ "Is it any wonder why women are generally much less happy today than they used to be, and men are as happy as ever?" Well tell me this andywes, why do you always moan about feminism and how it ruined everything for men all the time on here you coward? Yeah that's andywes

• yes, I know tons of guys, they are everywhere. jus ttry to play by the numbers and one will want to be your boyfirned.