Why would she fake having a bf?

So a few weeks ago when I was fighting with this girl she said that she had a boyfriend for going on 3 years now and she said it was great. well a few days ago I left her a message and bascically called are friendship off and told her some deep things. I texted her to see if she was okay and she said that she was not okay at all and that her and her boyfriend broke up and that she was sorry for what she did to me and that her being a bitch for too long is catching up with her. I know for a fact she never had a boyfriend so why would she tell me that? Also do you think she cares about me still since she said sorry and trying to make things right

Most Helpful Girl

• Men and women invent pretend relationships to avoid advances from people they don't want, when they won't take no for an answer.

Considering you broke off the friendship, she was more than likely tired of you trying to get with her, and lied about having a boyfriend. She apologized for the way she acted, not for rejecting you.

• I did end the friendship she did and then she aplogized for it. They ain't even dating anymore.

• Didn't end*

• you asked why she lied about having a boyfriend. She lied because she didn't want to date or have sex with you.

What Girls Said 12

• I like saying this...

If I'm jealous, it because I'm afraid to lose you

If I ask you questions, its because I care

If I yell, its because I worry

If I call, its because I'm always there.

In other words, she wants to see if you care enough to be afraid to lose her...

• I don't want to lose her at all but I just don't get why she would not mention to others that she had a boyfriend. she told me because they broke up a few times and she didn't want to put her business out there. I know for a fact like when something special would go on like Christmas an event her birthday his birthday do things with the family vacation he would never do that type of stuff when if your dating someone you would do those things with each other.

• that's valid but not necessarily true

• what do you mean?

• Maybe she was embarrassed and wanted to hurt you. Maybe she likes you and you have been unavailable and so she wanted you to know how it feels for her to be unavailable. I don't know not enough info

• I fake a boyfriend when I don't want people hitting on me

• Faking and lying that she has a boyfriend means she wanted a reaction out of you, she wanted to see what you would say/do. Of course she cares about you, otherwise she wouldn't have planted this whole scenario just to get you.

• ya that makes a lot of sense acutally. Like I just texted her little while ago and I told her that if she really cared and liked him that she would try and talk to him and just explain that she had some things going on and that she didn't mean to act rude toward him cause that's why they broke up and that he needs to be there for her more than ever and she just said " I tried its useless I just don't care anymore"

• well it just sucks that I still have feelings for her and I care and I told her that and she just keeps talking about her boyfriend supposly. I just feel like oh hey I know he will talk to me and then when they get back together she is just going to shut me out like she did again and again. What should I do then just be there for her?

• What can you do? Its clear she's still in love with her ex, if there is one. But just be there for her for now and see where the situation goes.

• wish I can help you there maybe her boyfriend isn't a boy!

• To tell you off nicely

To determine if you really liked her

To make you feel jealous

Because she is not interested

• How do you know she never had a boyfriend and just made it up?

• I know they where talking but she never told me until I broke down she broke up with her boyfriend. A few weeks ago I mention the guy and she said that she isn't going to go there with me and that I don't know him like that so she told me to quit talking and that things where great. then I told her that I respect her choice of us not being friends and then she pulls this card. She never said anything publicly they never went out and did things together she never told anyone that she had a boyfriend etc.

• ya no matter what she does he won't change his mind and she won't talk to me about it because she knows how painful it is because she prob still knows I like her and she feels gulity for liking some guy that uses her and I DID NOTHING TO HER and she just goes well I know so that's why I'm not talking about it. she can't drop it because I guess its been 3 years so she can't let it go and last I knew she was a virgin and she prob lost her v card to him. ha

• yikes what a mess. Well, it's her problem essentially. So just act as you would usually.

• She is just trying to make you jealous! She does not know how to actually express her feeling towards you! Bc "now her and the boyfriend broke up" she now wants you to ask her out, bla bla bla but at the end of the day it's you that she wants but she does not know how to say it or how to go about it...

• well if she is trying to make me feel like that then what should I do? every time I talk to her about what happen between them she just says that she is hurt and that she doesn't care no more

• I have faked boyfriends before to make other guys jealous... People in relationships seem to be more appealing. It's stupid buy true...

• Maybe she does care about you and is trying to make you jelouse

• what if I don't act jealous tho and I don't give her the reaction she wants?

• Then if she cares, she might think that you don't care. Are you jelouse? Did you react to it?

• I care so much and still have feelings and I told her. She basically said that 3 years of love went down the drain and there's nothing she can do and I just told her to leave me alone and stop talking about it because its just hurting me and making me cry I told her that I hope he's worth it and she is happy cause I did nothing for her to shut me out and not give me a chance when this guy uses her and she still likes him.

• well she wants you to get jealous and get more interested.

• what do you mean if why would she try and get to me to act jealous and have the impression that it would make me more interested could that mean she still like me and that is how she is going to go about it? what if I don't act jealous tho?

• Well form the sounds of it she was seeing if telling you she had a boyfriend made a difference in your mood or feelings. I would have to know more, but from the sounds of it she probably likes you. Just too afraid to admit it to you.

• Well basically I met this girl In high school we hit it off and then she just became basically in her words a b**** on and off then she would come back and then she would act the same way again. Now after a year of me being patient and trying to make things right and say sorry she finally knows what it felt like what she did to me and understood. She said she wants to talk to no one and needs time to herself but I don't know if she will come back and talk to me and if she doesn't then that is messed up.

• what do you mean confused? she told me she doesn't even know what she wants and I'm gonna give her time to herself but when your stuck on one girl its just something eles... :/

• Like, maybe she's not even sure if she likes you or not so that's why she was acting weird and needs some time to herself to figure it out. But don't stress about it too much, that never helps.

What Guys Said 2

• It means she doesn't want to hurt you.

• Girls are attracted to guys who are attached or who look attached or who other girls are interested in.

Guys are of course not more attracted to girls who are attached, look attached or who other guys are interested in. At most, guys are unfazed by it. But many guys are turned off by it.

However, many girls don't understand that guys don't necessarily think in the same way girls do. The fact that guys have to understand girls in order to be able to approach them successfully leads guys to gain a lot of knowledge about girls. But girls don't generally gain much knowledge about guys.

I think probably this girl assumed that you would be more interested in her if you thought she was attached.