18 year old and 33 year old dating?

So I'm 18 and I'm dating a guy who is 33. We've been going out for almost a year and he is amazing. he's the sweetest guy and everything I could ever want in a guy. I myself was very hesitant about us dating but the more I got to know him the harder it was to let go. he's my best friend and I have never felt more comfortable being myself with anyone else. I know I'm young but I am very mature for my age and that's not just me saying that. He also looks like he's about 25 too so people that see us together never seem to notice that he's 15 years older. Anyways the reason I'm on here is because we have kind of kept our relationship a secret for a while because we werent sure what people would think and we wanted to make sure it wasn't just a little fling we had and it was something real. We love each other and our age doesn't bother us but we don't want to lose friends or family over this and I guess I'm just scared. So what does everyone think. Is our age difference too much?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• i'm in a similar situation , like a girl who is around your age but I'm 29 but look younger so I don't think anyone would notice there was much of an age difference . people focus too much on age some times , should be more focused on compatibility and if the relationship works . its normal for girls to date older guys but I admit many do not have a 10 year age difference but it shouldn't really matter if the relationship works

What Guys Said 12

• too old in my opinion

• someones got daddy issues

• Yes, it is just saying that. I think that's pretty bad. Both of you should knock it off. Yes the age difference is too much and you're setting yourselves up for a lot of isolation from same age couples.

• 15 years is not a big deal. But it would be easier to accpet if you were both older. You 30, for example and him 45. My concerns are more for him: you're young and you're going to change. That does not mean you will fall out of love, but you might.

• Well, if you go by the half age +7 rule:

33/2 + 7 = 23.5

then you would be 5 years too young.

He hasn't settled down yet for a reason. Maybe he is leftovers?

All the good people take each other early on, you know.

Extenuating circumstances exist, like if he was taken for 10+ years and his wife/or longstanding Girlfriend died in a tragic car accident and he was suddenly thrust back into the single world due to no fault of his own.

• just make sure he is not a sex offender those guys are creeps. your families may have issues. plus, friends as well unless your willing to risk everything and lose respect.

just make sure he is not a sex offender or worst.

• I thin you are too young for a 30yss guy...

• It's a little bit weird. I'm not gonna judge. If you were 17 at any point in the relationship I'm pretty sure it was illegal at some point though

• it would make me feel weird but I would still be their friend.

love is blind but as long as everyone is mature about it I don't see any issues as long as he's not your teacher or anything. I suggest sitting down with your parents and have a convercation with them about what's been going on and how he makes you feel.

I have a crush on a girl who's 21 and now I'm not so worried about the crush, thanks for your question.

• It sounds like it isn't.

• It's a big gap. I guess you will have to see if it works out.

• I'm always curious to see how people with such huge age gaps meet, and how old they were when they met lol.

What Girls Said 6

• As long as he really likes you and doesn't just want a super young girlfriend because he's afraid to grow up. A lot of older guys who date younger girls are immature and superficial. Sometimes you just click with someone, though.

• if he's been nice to you, That's all it should matter

• Hey I bet he's happy. You're a cheap date you can order the kids meal. Damn he's old enough to be your daddy. I hope you don't call him daddy during sex that would be weird.

• I would never daet a man so... Advance in his years.

he is probably jumping for joy that he caught some fresh tight meat.

• As long as your happy and his real that's all that matter, I love older men

Im 21 I was dating a 35 couple months ago. He was a great guy I just

Couldn't deal with the fact that he has a son. Because I want him all

To myself. So if your happy f*** what people think and say be with him and dont

Worry about people talking, because guess what people will talk

No matter what! Good luck I wish you luck

• That's strange but whatever floats your boat