Responds to texts/calls, but doesn't initiate

I met this girl at a party and she gave me her number. I call her and text her and she responds, but never initiates the conversations. We've been out twice and everything seemed to go really well. Is she just humoring me?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think she is humoring you that's just how girls are sometimes. In a way its kind of a test and a way for her to see if you are interested in her. She also probably doesn't want to seem needy. As much as I hate this about myself, I rarely initiate conversation with guys I like because I feel like I'm annoying them or being to needy. If she didn't like you I don't think she would waste her time by talking to you or going on dates with you. Its kind of a confidence booster for me having the guy send the first message or make the call.

Have you tried waiting for her to text first yet? Maybe don't initiate anything for a day or however long it takes and see what happens.