Guys: When going on a date with the girl you like:

Do you spend as much time picking out an outfit as a girl does? Funny question, but I'm curious because I know that it takes girls forever to match something together. While it looks like guys just throw on something that looks good and heads out the door.

So, do you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Trust me, we are just as nervous if not more nervous than you are. I usually spend about 2hrs getting ready for a first date. I have to shower, shave, do my hair, put on cologne, pick out the right clothes, decide if I should wear that necklace or that watch, I make sure my skin looks OK, I'm making sure my nails aren't long and unruly, etc.

That doesn't even include preliminary preparation. Yes you heard me correctly. Preliminary preparation.

I'm spending time trying to figure out where to go on the date so you are impressed and don't get bored. I'm learning what I can about you so I don't look like an idiot and not know what to talk about. I'm rehearsing in my head what I'm going to do, what I'm going to say, what questions I should and shouldn't ask, how I should pick you up, how I should sit, how I should say good bye, etc. I've even literally spent a night just coming up with a list of question that I wrote down and then put in my phone so I can run off to the bathroom and look at them in case the conversation went stale or just act like I'm getting a text, while I'm actually looking at one of my questions.

The point is, we stress just as much as you do, if not more. We are not these machine like, over confident creatures who have zero negative emotions. Maybe there are handful of guys who are just freaks of nature, or are simply so successful with women, that they don't get nervous because they are going on 100 dates a year. The reality though, is 99% of guys get nervous and spend a lot of time getting ready and preparing for a date.

What Guys Said 7

• I think it kind of depends.

I find myself concerned about what to wear, but then I don't spend nearly as much time shopping for clothes in the first place as that average woman, so there's probably fewer options to go through.

I think on average, men spend less than 10% of the time that woman do shopping for clothes and thinking about outfits in general.

Since it's something we don't think about all the time, when it comes to a date, we're like, "Oh crap, what do I wear?" So we do freak out in a bit, and we might go back-and-forth a couple of times, but we tend to stop once we've found something that seems good enough.

With women, I think since they pay a lot more attention to dress on a regular basis, they're more inclined to be nit-picky and perfectionist about it. They're probably in some ways more confident about what's suitable and what isn't, but they can't make up their mind.

• Guys don't usually go out and buy random clothes all the time like women do. We usually get a few outfits and stick with them. And I personally have a load of tshirts that will go with pretty much anything. So no, we usually don't spend long picking outfits. Personally, I know what I'm wearing within a couple minutes...

• Yes, When I go on a date. I like everything to match and go together. I will go through all of my clothes and really try to put together the best outfit I can. I like to look nice and I love smelling good too so when it comes to dates I care even more. Lol

• Yes, in a sense, but I just want to look nice and simple.

• If she cares enough to take time doing it, that' a good sign. I probably wouldn't go on a second date with a girl who looked like she really didn't care about how she looked.

No, I definitely take time to make sure I look good. There will always be less scope for a guy to spend time than a girl to spend time. Guys, for example, don't have make-up. But I have a shower, give myself a proper shave, dress in nice clothes, style my hair, etc.

• Takes me about 5 minutes to decide what to wear.

• Nope, I have a few outfits for every type of date. I spent a lot of time and effort picking them out, saving up for them and making sure they match...but once the date is set and I have a general idea of the setting, I am able to choose the outfit within a few seconds.

What Girls Said 0