What are your feelings on dating older guys?

How much older? Obviously if you are 15 and he's 30 that's not cool. But 16 and 24?

Most Helpful Girl

• Age doesn't really matter to me just as long as he's not like 50

What Girls Said 34

• Eh, 16 and 24 is a bit iffy. I would kind of wonder what a 24 year old would want with a 16 year old, because in life experience and maturity, they're likely worlds apart. Anyone still at high school age, is probably a no-go. High school mentality is muuuuch different than what real life presents, lol.

The older one gets, the bigger age gap is acceptable. I'm almost 24, and my boyfriend is 32. I probably wouldn't date anyone more than 10 years older than me. While it's true that most girls mature more quickly than guys, I couldn't see myself dating anyone under 21, let alone someone under 18 who isn't legally an adult. It just wouldn't work, and morally/societally it's pretty frowned upon.

• I think 16 and 24 is too much. The age difference is fine in theory (30 and 38 is OK for example), but the level of maturity and experience is not. If the girl is 16 and the guy is 24, I'd question his motives a lot. I doubt most 24 year old guys would put up with the immaturity some 16 year old girls possess. It would make me think that the guy is going to use her naivety for, say, sex.

In my opinion, as long as both parties are over 18, almost any age difference is fine. It really depends on the couple as well. But personally I wouldn't be comfortable dating someone who's over 10 years older than me. Not now, at least.

And as for personal experience, I've only been into older guys these past few years for some reason. Probably because the guys my age are so incredibly immature. The oldest one I've liked so far is 7 years older than me. So yeah, dating older guys is fine. As long as both are over 18 and the age gap isn't absolutely ridiculous, I see no problem with it.

• id give it a max of 5 years tbh

• thats illegal, and the mentality between both aren't the same. they wouldn't be on the same levels. that's nearly a decade apart.

• To be honest, I would say 5 years max. Higher than that is kinda weird and the people might not agree on some things and one might be more immature than the other. That's my opinion anyways. :)

• They say the youngest you should date is half your age plus seven. So, at 24, you shouldn't date anyone younger than 19.

• That rule still pushes it. I'm 29. I'd never date a 44 year old and I like older guys. I agree 19 sounds like the right limit for a 24 year old though.

• i don't think its a big deal ethically. if you like each other fine. and as far as maturity. some people are immature their whole lives. others are born wise. some 16 year olds can be very mature. but I doubt that's what a 24 year old guy is dating them for.. their maturity

perhaps a 24 year old woman and a16 year old guy. she really likes his personality. but a24 year old guy it looks like he's just looking for a young body and malleable mind.

anyways. I don't like dating older guys. I think they should have to deal with life and grow up instead of relying on younger women accepting their bullshi, because guys their age are too immature. guys their age should grow up and stop being a**holes.

older guys should be mature enough for women their own age.A 32 year old dating a20 year old isn't mature. if he was mature he'd be dating 30 year olds.

• 16 and 24 is illegal. There's not even a grey area, it will get you arrested instantly. For me, a 5 year age difference is preferable, but I won't go for a difference of 8 years or more.

• Honestly since I'm 16 I wouldn't date anyone older than 25 right now. But yeah dating older guys is alright. That's what makes it interesting. If someone 25 or younger asked me out I would probably say yes if I knew them well enough.

• It would be OK if parents allow it. I have been in a similar situation but I couldn't be with him since my parents refused. Also the maturity would be a little off.

Maybe be friends with her until she is 18?

• as someone who's been in this situation (me being 16 him being like 23) it's not what the girl wants, it's what the parents wants. The parents will do everything to keep you away. it's not a good relationship to be in, it's not worth it.

you're good looking find someone your own age.

• er no. I think those age ranges are more acceptable if the person isn't still a young teen. 16 and 24 is illegal and..idk how that would work.

• That's a pretty large age gap, jail bait to be specific. I'd be kind of skeptical of a 30 year olds motives or intentions of trying to get with a 15 year old. Sounds pretty sketchy.

• I personally am okay with that sort of thing, and have dated older men. but I've only had good experience with it luckily, I know that a lot of older guys prey on the younger and more naive girls. However I have seen things go very wrong with this sort of thing, and its something you must be very cautious of for both the female and the male. So all in all, I do it but I think it would be smarter for the younger female not to do such a thing because of how wrong things can go.

• 16 and 24 is not cool. Cool is when both parties are of legal age. Both are adults. A 16 is a teenager and a 24 year old is an adult. Your at two different stages in life anyway too. However, in some rare cases the relationship does work. As for myself I tend to like men my age.

• 16 and 24. That is not okay. At least not in today's society. If you are dating her, then please have the courtesy not to have intercourse with her until she's legal. If you really do like her then that shouldn't be too much to ask.

Personally, I'm 22 and I won't go older than 30. I really am not attracted to older guys.

• 16 and 24 it's a big difference and it's illegal. But if it was 26 and 34 it would be okay.

• No more than 10 years and 16 and 24 is illegal!

• 16 and 24 is still a huge maturity difference. I'm 18 and the oldest I'd go is 24 because you mature and grow up so much in your twenties I feel like any older and wed be living different lives

• 10 yrs.

No they're like infants and silly. I cannot tolerate immaturity really well (16-24)

• Well when a 24 year old dates a 16 year old, they're dating a minor, so I wouldn't advice that since the person isn't legal, but that's 8 years and nothing is wrong with an 8 year age difference. I personally don't think that I would date more than 5 years older than me, but hey there's an acception to every rule.

• I am working on it

• im 21 and I would not mind dating a 28 or 31 year old, it depends on his maturity and if he has a stable job, a car, a house, divorced or single, and respects me. what are you doing messing with high school girls? lol

• no, it won't last. it's illegal.

• I don't think it's illegal. I know it's illegal to have sex with a minor, but I don't think it's illegal to date one.

• I prefer guys close to 5 years of my age. It seems like guys only like to date much younger for your body and so they don't have to be responsible.

• I do want to to date older guys and in fact, it's my preference. But I have no experience in that, so I actually don't know whether I really want that or not. Just seems like most of the boys my age are immature... Anyways, for me, the age range would probably be no greater than 5 years older than me. 16 and 24...i don't know. Ignoring the fact that it's illegal, everyone is different. I mean it might work. There's no set standard of how it will work out. It all depends on the mentality of the partners and the circumstances. Age is but a number and if you want to go for it, than just go for it. (Except in this case, wait until legal) Life is too short to deny yourself happiness by worrying about a number and what other people might think.

• Are you 24, and is interested in a 16 years young girl?

• 24 is too old for a 16 year old. 19 and 24 is appropriate in my opinion, but not 16. Maturity level is too far apart, and its ILLEGAL.

• it's not for me. I was almost raped when I was 16 by a 24 year old.

• 16 and 24? Maybe since lots of teenage girls go for older guys since teenage guys are really immature not saying that 20+ are that much more mature because they aren't

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 2

• I would assume he has a countdown calendar of days until she turns 18. The calendar would probably be called: "Days until I can legally tap that ass!"

• In some states he could tap it at 16.

• i bet by the time she is 18 she will already have banged a 24 year old and he will be 26 and she will be like I like 24 year olds lol jk

• I dated an 18 year old when I was 24 and THAT was pushing the limits! 16 is nowhere near passable enough as an adult... and from my experience dating a higher maturity 18 year old there was a maturity gap.

Ppl fretting about you dating a 16 year old being illegal...in the USA the age of consent varies from 16 to 18 so you should go brush up on your state's law to ensure you don't get jail time and registered as a sex offender!