What are some excuses you personally have, or heard people say, for not being open to interracial dating?

We are all people after all I don't understand how people can be so closed minded I don't understand it

Most Helpful Guy

• "Too many cultural difference and I don't want to integrate someone elses into mine". " My parents would not approve because I have no spine","I need to preserve my race, because genetic varibility isn't good", " I heard (insert stereotype) about X race and they must all be the same right?", " I can't help who I'm attracted too and I'm not willing to actively open my mind to something new"

Personally I think race is one of the most arbitrary ways to group people. There is so much variation within races that many (and thank goodness for it) stereotypes are fading away. I dream of a day when we can all look at a person as an individual

What Girls Said 3

• I think a lot of people who are generally not open to interracial dating usually try to use the excuse of their background and how it's just the way they grew up or how they were raised not to interbreed with different races and to stick with their "own". I honestly though, think a lot of people are intimidated to date outside their race because of the prejudice and how others will perceive them. So they stick with what they "know" or are "used to" because of the comfortability factor. It's pretty ignorant if you ask me.

• people are just ignorant.

• cultural differences

What Guys Said 3

• Its a hard thing to do. Judging by your tone you have, so you probably know. When I am with black women I get looks and comments. Their friends tend to not like me and its hard to converse with their parents effectively. Even if there is a real connection, the support network that most couples build usually fails interracial couples.

• it is simply a preference

they are racist

pushed around by racist parents/ no spine

• I don't think they need an excuse, if they're not attracted, they're not attracted.

Personally, I find girls of all races potentially hot, but that's not really because I'm so sophisticated and progressive and open minded. I just see girls of all races that I think 'oh hell yes I want to f*** her'.

• would you DATE a girl of another race?

• Yes.