Would you be willing to date a foreign person?

This isn’t a question about interracial dating. It’s a question about, I guess you could call it, ‘international dating’, though of course international dating can also be interracial. (I asked the same question but about interracial dating. You can answer it here: link

So, for example, a Brit dates an American (white, black, Hispanic, whatever) or a Russian or an Egyptian or a Thai person.

You DON’T need to be open to dating people from ALL countries to answer A, C or D. But, for the purposes of this question, if the only international dating you’re open to is with people from a very similar neighbouring country (examples: Ireland, if you’re British; Canada, if you’re American), answer B.

Assume the person has moved to your country.

My parents are both an international and an interracial couple. So I’m open to it.

• I date only internationally.
  • I date only people from my own country.
  • I prefer to date internationally, but I also date people from my own country.
  • I prefer to date people from my own country, but I also date internationally.
  • I have no dating experience.
Assume he or she is fluent in your language.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would date a girl from another country...have a look at this article and see why... link

• Usually guys who think that about foreign women are the ones who struggle with dating...

• I never said that...

I clearly offended you. perhaps you're one of them I speak of.

Either way, there's a difference between seeking financial stability and simply using someone to gain citizenship or wipe them out.

Yes there are gold diggers here. But the majority aren't.

To each their own

• Some of those points on that list are pretty shallow lol.

What Girls Said 37

• Dang, I voted in the poll before I read the entire question :( I voted B but only because I wouldn't want to date someone I wouldn't get to see very often but then I read where you said "the person has moved to your country" so in THAT case, I wouldn't be opposed to dating someone from a different country (assuming he knew English, I don't think I could date someone I couldn't communicate with lol). Anyway, yes, I'm open to international and interracial dating:)

• It really depends on the person,. I've always had a think for guys who spoke different languages and since a lot of Latinos think that I am Latino I get a lot of guys hitting on me more than my own race. As a biracial person if I wanted to date only inside of my race I would have to find someone that had Native American, African American and Italian in them, which would really slim down my dating pool don't you think? So most dating for me is interracial. I'm moving outside of my country in the fall so most of my dating from that point on will be international.

• I don't see why people wouldn't.

I mean, as long as the communication goes well, why would someone be that picky? I think dating people from other cultures or nationalities opens up our minds and is interesting. So I think people who don't want to date people from their own countries are narrow-minded. Sorry, but I really can't understand why.

• I only date people from my country, but that's because I've never traveled internationally and nobody interesting comes to my city except to land at the airport and then go straight up to Yosemite.

I don't think I'd care whether or not someone is from the US or elsewhere. Just so long as I like them, it doesn't really matter. I would prefer that they are English-speaking, though. I do know a bit of Spanish and sign language but it's hard to have an in-depth conversation with someone when neither one of us is fluent in the others' language.

• As a European (ireland) I have been to many different countries, I've been to spain france portugal austria hungary poland turkey America england scotland egypt bulgaria and then little islands like menorca. Being to these places and having internet friends from france, scandanavia, the netherlands and so on has made me realize how much I find foreign guys attractive. There is just something so attractive about the accents and the different facial structures and the different culture. I completely prefer it.

• Most guys I have dated were considered foreign. The cultural diversity makes people that much more interesting

• Yeah I would.if their were more foreign guys inn my area I would have more chances to date one.

• So long as it wasn't long distance in any form, yes I would (and have).

• I haven't dated my own since I was a teenager and before I became sexually active. None had English as their first language but they were either very good at English or I could meet them halfway with their language.

• Not an active choice BTW just the way it worked out. Foreign guys show me that they like me and make advances. The guys of my nationality are too shy. They look away if they see a girl they like unless they're at a safe distance. If they're drunk they stare.

• Which country are you originally from if I may ask ? :)

• I'm Irish.

• my parents are also international and interracial. but I only ever dated people who were born in the US or immigrated here at a really early age. if I wasn''t married, I think I'd be open to dating internationally.

• I just wouldn't be able to handle the language barrier and different views to what's acceptable and unacceptable.

• i don't know how to vote because I'm half. I have dual citizenship. I don't consider it international nor interracial but I've only dated/been interested in japanese so far.

• can the person who keeps downvoting me pls comment and call me a chink again so I can block you?

• Well, I don't think I would mind. But if there is an extreme difference in religion or social views I would not date them. So D for me I think. I prefer my own country but I wouldn't turn a guy down just because of it

• yeesss :) I would.

• yes, already did..

• Yes, There are sometimes better than corrupted Americans!

• Yes, I have my eye set on a Russian man :) I can't really vote on this pole...

• Open to date internationally and from own country

• Yes I'd date a foreigner!

• I'm open to it; the men I meet from my own country are much to brag about, they couldn't even spell the word gentleman if they tried.

• Are they not native English-speakers? LOL.

• Yep I prefer it actually.

• i prefer it.

• I don't prefer to date foreign people per say. If the person whom I love happens to be foreign and I somehow met him and came to love him then so be it

• No

I vote B

• Under the right circumstances, sure

By that, I mean if I was single and he speaks English

• I don't have any dating experience, however, I would prefer to date internationally.

• I don't have a problem with it, no. And as long as he and I are near each other (he lives in the same town, etc.) I'm good with that. I need my boyfriend to be close. I can't handle super long distance. I can handle like four hours apart for extended periods of time, but I need him in the same country.

• I've tried dating other people but tend to go back to Aussie boys. I find the cultural gap to be too big and if English is not their first language, I can't find it a little off putting. That sounds terrible, it's nothing against them it's just not some one I want to be with more than friendship

• Yea, I'm totally open to it.

• I dated a foreign student in college. We broke up for non-international reasons. I would prefer to live close to my family, though, so I wouldn't date someone who wanted me to relocate to their country.

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 14

• I was a fat kid for all of my teens and, having grown up in the 80's, my dating chances were absolutely nil all the way through to college. Most girls in the US back in those days were extremely hung up on image, and wouldn't be caught dead with a tubby geek hanging out with them. To a lesser extent, that attitude still prevails today in the US.

Nevertheless, once I got past my sophomore year, I actually got a few dates, all of them with 'local' girls. None of them lasted very long as they usually found someone 'more exciting' (their words). With only two notable exceptions, this pattern of dating dragged on until my late 30s when I finally met my wife.

She's a Filipina who was here in the US on a working visa and she saw something in me that almost none of the local girls had. We hit it off, and have been happily married ever since. The cultural differences make our relationship more rich and entertaining, on both sides. She speaks English fluently, so there's not been a language barrier to contend with.

Oh, and our kids look absolutely amazing. :)

• Great story. Yeah, Eurasian mixed-race people often look good. My sister and I are Eurasian mixed-race, and we both do modelling part time.

• It doesn't matter the nationality of the woman as much as it does the character. I am open to dating a woman who I share a mutual attraction to regardless of race or nationality. The woman I am with (and have been with for the past nine years) is Asian and I'm American, so its pretty obvious I don't mind. In fact most of my past relationships have been with either American born women who have parents who immigrated from other countries or have come from other countries themselves.

• I'm going to vote E, but I'm going to do so with in mind that I am not saying that I have no dating experience, but to say that I have no dating preference of whether I am dating someone from my own country vs internationally and vice versa.

• Wasn't this question asked before? I'm pretty sure it was.

But regardless, ya, I have no problem with dating a foreigner. But it's not really a preference one way or the other. It's just whoever I find that I love. Their place of residence doesn't matter.

• the idea of dating internationally is cool to me but to marry someone from a different country with totally different culture I am still thinking about it.

• The only thing I'd be concerned with is the language barrier...I voted D for that reason.

• @update

If language isn't a problem then there are no hangups for me; I'd have no problem dating foreign girl. :)

• Eh I don't mind.

• I don't care and I have no preference either way, so I'll abstain from voting.

• I most certainly would. I love meeting/hooking up with people from new cultures

• Am American, prefer to be in relationship with girls from Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland or Finland. Unfortunately at this moment in time the girlfriend is American, will definitely ditch her if ever a girl from one of those countries show up even if that new girl is nastier, uglier or fatter :P

I doubt relationships with American girls work out for me over a long term as eventually I start picking a bone with her as it will be either her accent, weight, character or eating habits that will get to me first. If it isn't that then it is the attitudes towards money and cleanliness.

• I PREFER it.

American girls are just... too much for me.

• I feel that there should be one more option: I don't have a preference for international or same-country. I feel like that fits me the best ( voted D though, since a security clearance could be more difficult to obtain if strongly affiliated with foreign nationals).

• Only if they can speak English. I hate having to make hand signs when trying to speak to the illegals here.

• Don't down-vote me hater.

• I'd have no problems with it.