How many dates before you should be worried about no kissing?

I have had two really good dates with a girl, both of us seemed engaged the whole time, no awkward pauses in conversations, the second date lasted 5 hours and both of us have talked about future dates already. However I kind of moved in for a kiss after the second date and her body language kind of gave off like she wasn't going for it. She gave me a hug though, and then turned around to leave and then said she needed another hug and came back and gave me a second hug, but again had her head turned away in which it would have been real awkward to go for a kiss, and I think she did it in on purpose.

Now everything else seems great, so I am not THAT worried about it, but after how many dates should I be worried that we still haven't kissed? She is 23 by the way.

Most Helpful Girl

• She could just be a nervous person when it comes to things like that because it sounds like she likes you more than just a friend but I would be worried if it didn't happen on the next date. If you try and she does the same thing I would say something about it, the worst thing that can happen is she says she doesn't feel that way about you and then you move onto some other girl that won't waste your time.

What Girls Said 2

• Second or third date is fine. Since she wasn't responsive though, Id recommend to date someone else.

• Also its better to go for it than to wait too long cause you might end up getting friend zoned.

• Should I be worried about being friend zoned if her conversations are obviously relationship oriented and not friend oriented? She asked me about other girls I had tagged in my photos in Facebook because she didn't want anything complicated and she has also makes dating like comments (kind of hard to describe, but we have had relationship oriented conversations).

• Third date

What Guys Said 2

• Perhaps she intends to get to know you better before engaging in any sexual contact with you, which could be the result, for example, of her moral beliefs or past experiences in dating.

In any case, I encourage you to stay around a bit longer to find out. If she seems interested after a couple of more dates but she still isn't receptive to kissing, then perhaps an inquiry about her dating and relationship rules is in order. I would let the issue linger after that, as it could be a compatibility issue.

• Uhh... I'd note it if kiss didn't happen on first date, and by second--eh. Seriously though--third date is make or break. Make sure it's not a day date, and no matter what, kiss her at the end of it.

Because friends don't kiss.

• Does it make any differences if she clearly states that what we are doing is dating? She refers to them as dates. She makes comments about how her older brother grills people she dates so I might need to be prepared for that, she also has planned other dates with me and we met on a dating website.