Went on a date with an older man/ my professor, and now he is "chickening out". What is going on in his mind?

Before you judge, I am 27, he is 40. Most other students are under 21. We unintentionally connected very strongly, exchanged a few emails, and eventually went out for a drink. I have not felt such a strong connection to another man in a very long time, and I could tell the feelings were mutual. After that he basically told me (with utmost kindness) that he had to "do the right thing", and stop communicating with me at the level we were. I completely understand the risk he would be taking (with his job/ coworkers), but can a man really deny strong feelings like that? Is it just women who are the hopeless romantics, or is going to let his job security come before what could potentially be a wonderful (friendship). I am feeling disappointed, but at the same time I know that I must respect his decision, because I do understand the "taboo" of it all.

Most Helpful Girl

• hmm, I believe theirs a restriction or law against student teacher relationships, if theirs none where you are it could be taboo or stigmatic, or he's having a guilt trip, plenty of possibilities

its not my place to judge but what your doing is really disturbing to me, I wanna say disgusting but that's insulting so ill refrain..

What Guys Said 2

• somebody's got daddy issues

• That's why you must always set boundaries. Student-professor relationship shouldn't be encouraged.

What Girls Said 3

• Are you sure he isn't married? Or he really is worried about his job being on the line. If that is the case then try again when he no longer is your professor.

• He is obviously worrying about his rep... and losing his job if people see you two dating

• He snapped out of it