After how many dates does a girl do a proper kiss/start considering sleeping together?

I know this is a weird question with perhaps no one answer but as a naive virgin in his twenties who got his first kiss just a few months ago, I have no reference point in these situations and have no idea what to expect.

Anyway I have finally started to pull myself together and am dating this girl. She's had a few boyfriends before so I don't think she's too prude. We've been on two dates (which went well) with a third coming up soon and we're messaging each other every day.

However the most we've done so far is a hug and a peck on the cheek (though she did hint at possibly more the next time) and I'm wondering if this is the usual speed of progression with a girl, is it normally slower or faster?

As a girl, when would you expect the first proper kiss to take place into a dating relationship? And when would you be considering spending the night together? Obviously this is highly individual but I'm wondering if there are some general averages out there.

1|0
6|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I know you want the "average", but you really do have to judge the girl on this one.

I'd say you're moving at a normal speed. It all depends on the connection; if it's like a really sweet and friendly connection, it might take up to 10 or more dates for her to consider that (as for some girls it's a really big step). If your connection is all about lust and there's less talking and more touching kind of stuff, I'd expect something soon.

I think you're doing well how you are, based on what you said. Let her kind of take the lead on when she wants to move more.

1|0
    0|0
    • this if a great answer. If you both are on the same level and both know you are looking for more than just just sex, it could take weeks maybe even a couple months. Like she said it depends on what you are looking for. The guy I'm dating and I have been going out a month and a half and haven't had sex yet.

What Girls Said 5

• believe it or not women are like men we don't all think the same. depends on the individual . some do it on the first date kiss and screw ..others takes a month to screw and 3 dates to kiss just depends ..describe me her personality and I might be able to figure out based on her character

0|0
    0|0
  • i kiss a guy when I feel like it if he seems open to it. I don't 'expect' a kiss from anyone. if I want to do it I do it.

i don't think of sex for at least a year into knowing someone. I don't count dates.. iots just about time spent and trust built.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I already lot you a lot I'm giving it to you as soon as you make me feel hot and ready and that's not easy.

0|0
    0|0
  • for me it took about a week or so!

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, I'm usually wondering if there's something wrong if he doesn't kiss me at the end of the second date. I'm used to being greeted with a kiss and a hug from the third date and beyond. As for sleeping together, never before 2 months for me personally.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• You're gonna have to ask a girl, see as that I have never been on a date in my life.

0|0
    0|0