Heightism in dating, exaggerated for men?

I've seen so many dudes complain about being below 6 ft and how it's the primary reason why they're single.

For my friends and I, we don't get this notion at all! I'm 5'6, buddies are 5'4 and 5"2, and none of us see this issue. Heck, Mr. 5"2 pulls more girls than I have ever seen. He's been told he's "too short" multiple times, but he ends up taking home at least half of those naysayers.

Yes I get that there are disadvantages, but I I feel like they even out a bit. Being short all my life taught me how to overcome a physical deficiency with wit, humor, and intelligence. Women can get intimidated or (sometimes disgusted) by a large man, but us smaller folk are naturally more disarming. I feel like I have more opportunity to tell an off color (but hilarious joke) without coming off as a douche bag.

I just don't get this self-bashing.

0|0
2|4

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 6'2" and my height has actually worked AGAINST me more than it has for me. Girls have told me I am too tall for them before, and some say I am scary looking because of it.

All of my average height friends get a lot more women than me and my tall friends.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I don't either. Short guys blame their height for their lack of female companionship but yet don't seem to comprehend that no girl wants to hang out with a self loathing guy. Then they go and hate females because she doesn't want to hang out with a guy who bashes on himself. Only he sees it as her not wanting to hang out with a short guy.

There are way more important things to be considered than height in the grand scheme of things.

cteristics)

then way

0|0
    0|0
  • for me, height means health, you will see in poor countries the people are very small...

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, there are plenty of girls who wouldn't mind a shorter boyfriend, and a lot of shorter girls who don't want a really tall one..!

As you say, a lot of girls are a little scared of a guy a lot bigger than them, in the first place!

Only guys who are generally insecure get insecure about their height!

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls find height the most attractive thing about a guy physically except for his face obviously

0|0
    0|0
    • No doubt, it's the first thing noticed, but it cannot be as huge exaggeration as many have said right?

• Honestly, there are far more important factors than height. I'm 6'3" and have never had a girlfriend.

0|1
    0|0