Tinder - just for hookups or for dating? Guys mostly.

Have any of you used Tinder? I know there was a question about it a few months ago, but I figure more people have heard of it by now. It's the hot-or-not type app where you can message people you match with.

So I just got it a few days ago for fun, and it's pretty entertaining haha. I don't know what I think about actually meeting up with someone from there though - I assume guys (and probably girls) mainly use it for one night stands and hooking up. Is there anyone on Tinder who's there to find someone to date, or is it an easy way to get sex? If you use Tinder, what do you use it for?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have two friends who use it. one uses it primarily for hooking up (but we chill with the girls he meets on there all the time so its like a friends with benefits thing for him I guess) The other uses it fro half and half I guess. he's been talking to one girl forever and hooked up with her a few times but I don't know if id call it dating.

• Ok, that makes sense. Would you use it? Why or why not?

• im not into dating right now XP plus I feel like tinder is more geared towards hookups since people are just upping or downing you based on pretty much looks alone

• Right, that's the impression I have too. Thanks for the insight!

What Guys Said 6

• I've noticed lately just about everytime I get a match, the girl ends up being a prostitute and wants to hookup and has a link. I've talked to a few girls on here, but all of them flaked out when it came to meeting up. Also I'm not going to hookup with any prostitutes. That's disgusting.

• I only heard about this yesterday. Never knew there's a lot of prostitutes using tinder!

• I use it for dating. I just went on a date with one girl last week, and I got her number, and I made it clear that I'm interested in meeting girls to date.

• Just signed up a few days ago. Saw a woman in a wedding dress. Also saw a few whose profile stated they were in a relationship and not looking for anything sexual. I think a lot use it for an ego boost to see how attractive they really are.

• Eh... a little bit from column A, a little bit from column B. I was with a girl monogamously for 6 months whom I met on tinder.

• I use it for dating. I know a few people who have met their significant other through it. You can get a sense of what the other person is looking pretty quickly through how they act.

• Although many people have said the intentions of people on Tinder is for one night hook-ups. I personally don't use it for that reason. Maybe it's the age in me and my mentality when it comes to meeting new people, whether it's via social networking sites or out in public. I feel I'm passed the stage of the one night stands. So when I go on Tinder I intend to meet a woman with the likelihood of getting to know each other and if we're on the same page, then possibly growing into something. If not, no biggie. I just made myself a cool friend. I do agree with some comments about Tinder. Some people do tend to use it strictly for ego boosting when you match. With no intention to ever respond to any messages. Which is actually sad, not for me, for the woman. Looks like someone is having quite the insecurity/confidence issues there or not quite getting the attention from their partner.

What Girls Said 7

• I've met couple guys from there. I guess if you're lucky you will find a relationship. Some guys on there will lead you on and making as if they are wanting you in a relationship. But, they're probably talking to bunch of other girls. I've been talking to this guy for around a month and we've been on couple dates. Recently, just realize that he seems to be acting weird all of a sudden and since long ago, i thought he was talking to other girls. The thing about online-dating is it's really easy to get into a habbit of talking to a lot of people at once. If that guy has been constantly on dating apps and for long time, he's probably messing around with a lot of women.

• I recognize this situation and really don't know what to think about myself right now. Could you tell me, how many dates have you been on and did you guys have sex? As in, like, every date?

• I don't use it, but a good friend of mine met her now-boyfriend on there... So it's definitely possible.

• A girlfriend of mine actually met her bf there and suggested for me to do so as well.

Started talking to this guy during April and he is currently my boyfriend right now so it is possible to find someone one there.

• Just for hookups eharmony is for relationships

• You just have to specify if you are looking for something serious or just casual sex

• I've used it to meet people for dates. I've matched with a ton of guts.. Talked to like 5-6. Had some spats or just fleeting convos with 4-5. I'm now talking to one guy that is a total gentleman.. I don't know I like to use it for dating.

• I met my bf on it :) I went through a couple different dates with other guys to get to him tho.