Is he saying he's ill, so he won't have to got out on a date with me?

This guy said he wanted to go out on a first date with me but bails on the same day saying he's ill (possibly from a hangover the night before I think) anyway, is he bailing on me because he's saying he doesn't want to go out with me or is he actually ill?

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate it when people do that. It could be either one, you just never know. He could genuinely be sick or he is bailing, probably because he doesn't have the balls to follow through with it.

This is what I've learned through the years: IF he cancels, regardless if it is geniune or not, if he REALLY wants to go out with you he WILL ask you or try and set up another one.

What Guys Said 1

• If he really liked you, he would want to go on a date with you. It's that simple. Canceling a date is an act of disrespect; I personally toss a woman's phone number in the trash if she cancels a date on me in the early stages of dating. You deserve better; if I were you, I would move on.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he is, maybe he isn't... I think you should give him the benefit of the doubt.

If he cancels the next date too, then you'll know that he's not interested in going out with you.

My ex bailed on me on our first date, because he was too hungover. He was very sorry afterward and explained that he didn't want to look like an idiot ... That was the first and last time he bailed on me... All other dates were great :)

• he did say we'd go another one another time!so that's good news right?

• Yeah, it's great that he wants to make plans... Anyways, best of luck :)