Do I choose the French-American or the Dutchman?

So two years ago I moved to the United States and met my boyfriend. We've been dating for almost a year and I love him to death. He is the male version of me and I can be myself when I'm around him. A year ago I went back to my hometown in the Netherlands where my best friend introduced me to a set of identical twins, one of whom she kissed. The other twin brother was the most good-looking guy I had ever seen, literally, he was the guy I had been dreaming of marrying someday. We kissed and hung out for the days that were left of my vacation. Then I went back to Arizona, heartbroken, and a few months later I started dating my boyfriend. Now I went back a few weeks ago and met up with the guy again. I hoped my feelings for him would be gone, because it hadn't been bothering me for months already. Unfortunately as soon as I saw him, all the feelings came back, only ten times stronger. We kissed once, and I do feel guilty about it. He tells my best friend that if I still lived in the Netherlands, he would've asked me out. Now I don't know what to do, I adore my boyfriend and will be heartbroken if we ever break up, but it's not fair to him that I have feelings for another guy. You know how people talk about having butterflies in your stomach, your heart going crazy because you're so nervous because you like a guy that much? I've never had that with my boyfriend, but I do have that with the other guy. So do I go for the guy I love, and do what's right, and stay single until I get the chance to be with the other guy? Or do I stay in this relationship and not get hurt or hurt my boyfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

• One doesn't want to take sides on this sort of thing. I do get the impression that your connection with the guy in the Netherlands is largely physical and your relationship with your boyfriend is more holistic. If the former was a great deal less attractive would this decision be equally hard? If not, I think you have your answer.

What Guys Said 1

• So, would you move back to the Netherlands for someone who supposedly said "he would've asked you out"? Sounds to me like you're questioning a good thing with your boyfriends because of something extremely uncertain across the globe. A dollar waiting on a dime, as it were.

What Girls Said 1

• you're not mature enough for a relationship. Let your boyfriend go find someone he deserves.