Being judged for who you decide to date

So basically I met this Chinese girl at university, after a while of just casual dating etc things are heating up and I'm falling for her big time. This is a good thing but unfortunately the area I live in is a bit old fashioned and I know as bad as it sounds, being with an Asian is going to have repercussions for me within my work and social circles. I don't really know how to handle the situation. I would love it if I could introduce her to everyone I know but I'm scared to do it because I don't want anyone to do anything to make her feel insulted or like a second class citizen which is obviously crap but is a real possibility where I live.

Any comments, advice or suggestions on how to best handle the situation would be great.

She has met my family, and a few trusted friends but they are cool. I'm just worried about everyone else.

Most Helpful Guy

• Look you like her? Right? Your family has met her? Cool. She knows a few friends? Great. To hell with everybody else.

You're falling for her? That means she makes you happy. What are the other people doing for you? You have a woman who actually cares for you..and you want to throw that away just because you're afriad of what others might say? No offense, that is stupid. What if the tables were turned and it was her that was ashamed of you. Think how she would fell if she knew what was going on in your head.

I'm not bashing you, dude, I'm just saying don't throw away something good just to please other people. People who probably won't be around in your hardest of times...forget a label...people search their whole lives to find happiness...and you are willing to throw it away..just to fit in?

I can kinda see where you coming from..because I've had to deal with the bs over me dating somebody that is not the same race as me...ignore it. A good quote...a man who trims himself to suit everybody will soon whittle himself away.

What Girls Said 1

• Damn, longeivity pretty much summed it up. At the end of the day, it's your life. No one else is dating her but you. These people could care two sh*ts about you or your well being. So why care about them? You're going to get judged regardless of what you do in life, so why not go full blast on this bitch and not give a f***. Do you. Be happy.

What Guys Said 1

• Stop giving a f*** what other people think. Those who matter won't mind, those who mind don't matter.