I can't date anyone that doesn't like animals

Specifically, my dog. If there isn't a connection between them I could never date that person. Is anyone else like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't get me wrong, I love animals, I have two dogs of my own which I love. But I don't base that on if I stay with a man or not. I think that's just stupid. If I really love someone, the fact that they don't get along with my dogs will not make an ounce of difference to me.

I don't get along with my boyfriends dog. My dogs are bigger (one is a jack russel which is kind of small but he's an outdoors dog) and his dog is an annoying little yappy house dog. She get's on my last nerves with her constant barking and need to be the center of attention. Lol I'm sorry but it's true. I mean, she's cute sometimes but usually just annoying. However, I would never ask my boyfriend to get rid of her simply because he loves that dog and that would be wrong of me to do that.

So, in our case, it works. He still loves me and our relationship is fine. Anyone who lets an animal get in between or stop their relationship is just ridiculous in my opinion.

• I guess it could be because different people have different relationships with their pets, mine is my best friend and a huge part of my life while to other people their dog is just a dog aha.

• Of course, I understand that. I didn't mean to insult you or anything like that with my answer.I'm sorry if it gave the wrong impression.I just meant that for me, I love my dogs but I value my relationship more. I realize there are people who aren't like me and that's okay. After re-reading my answer, I didn't mean to come across so blunt. Lol

• No you didn't at all, I was asking for people's honest opinions! :)

What Guys Said 6

• I'm really indifferent about such things. I mean if someone doesn't like my family's dogs, then they don't like 'em. Doesn't effect my affection for them either way. As long as they don't take any unrequired action to express it, then they can like/dislike them as much as they want.

• Animals are sweet because they love unconditionally... so long as you feed them, they'll be good to you...

The only time I have problems with animals is when they destroy clothes/furniture, or leave a stench... I get so sick of these idiots that let their dogs run wild -

One time, I went to a mutual friend's house, and his dog was chewing on my shoes as I'm wearing them! I told him to call off his dog, and what does this a**hole tell me as I shove the dog away? "Leave him alone, that's just what he does..." I was furious... these were $200 shoes... I couldn't believe the nerve of this prick... so I stood up, took off my shorts, and pissed on this guy's living room floor! He said "What the f*** are you doing?", and I said "That's just what I do!" :P...

I basically got chased out of the house, but I made my point...

So I guess the thing is animals are great, but when they interfere (or their dumbass owners let them sh*t all over the place), they become less desirable.

• By connection do you mean the animal has to like him too? if he likes animals, but your pet doesn't like him you won't date him?

• That's a good point actually. The author may need to rephrase. You can't force an animal to like someone. =(

• Well actually, my dog has only ever disliked one guy and he ended up being abusive and was cheating on me so I trust her instincts. But I just want someone who will pay attention to my dog and be okay with her sleeping next to me/us and not complain when I need to walk her etc

• I don't know anyone who doesn't like animals. Who ever doesn't like them, is probably just afraid. It's natural to be afraid of things, since everyone has fears

• I like dogs. I have one of my own. I can put up with most animals as long as there aren't too many of them, but I have disdain for cats.

• I guess we are never dating. I've had to put up with pet's for the past few years of my life. when I was younger I loved them but now I can't live with pet's any more.

my roommates have pet's so I'm saving up for a house. As soon as I get it one of my rules is no pets, the 2nd rule is no smoking.

What Girls Said 5

• The guy likes my pets or he gets the hell out! =P Choosing between a man and my pup - I'm sorry, but the pup wins out! =P

• i don't understand people who don't like animals. I mean,humans are animals,for christ's sake,you're an animal,how can you not like animals.

• I could never be with someone who didn't like my cat. I love my cat so much so I wouldn't even consider dating someone who hates cats

• Me neither... but the sad thing is most people prefer dogs over cats... but God knows why lol

• Main reason for me is that they are usually more helpful in a combat situation, which is also why I prefer larger dog breeds to the smaller more social oriented breeds.

• I have had really good luck with cats. I know some can be mean or skittish but mine are very loving. Most dogs are too hyper for my taste and they aren't as easy to cuddle as cats. I do love dogs, but I just like cats better.

• I don't own any pets but if I were in your situation I would completely understand.

• I don't want children, but I'll always want furry babies (dogs). So whoever I end up will need to feel the same way or we'll both be unhappy.