Is online dating a joke?

Is online dating a joke?

I think it is.

• Yes it's a joke
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• A few weeks ago I would have said yes, it is a stupid waste of time. However, I just had a great date last night with someone I met online, so I guess it worked out. The downfall is that it's so easy to dismiss people. You know so much about them right away that instead of actually talking to them and getting to know them, you immediately make judgements and are hyper critical of everything. It also sucks because any good looking girl gets tons of emails from every guy on the site so your chances of her even reading your well thought out message are very slim.

I'm not saying it's a good system at all. But for someone like me who works a lot, doesn't get out much, and doesn't meet new people much, it's great.

What Girls Said 9

• no,it works for some people,just like meeting someone ''IRL''

• Yes it can be a joke when people can lie more about themselves and stick fake pics

• No lots of people are successful finding a partner online so no.

• Not completely. I think it's right for certain people, but sometimes is made into a joke.

• I met my boyfriend online so no.

• ding ding ding, we got a winner. ha ha um yes, I tried it and gave up a long time ago!

• I've never tried it but it seems like a joke to me as I've seen most people use it just to get guys and girls for sex!

• Some people take it very seriously. While others make their entire profile a joke. I personally am not into meeting people online. It's just never worked out for me

• In my opinion no

What Guys Said 9

• I don't know some people have success with it , not something I use myself though , meet enough girls in real life

• Well, it's real. It exists. Is it a good solution to finding a date or a lover? That depends on the person. There is no correct answer in general terms.

• Nope its not. Getting dates from online dating is as easy as ordering pizza.

• Not entirely. Try making a profile using a male models pictures, its well worth it in that case. Unfortunately with your pictures it will be a massive waste of time. I'd imagine any form of dating would be though. You need to diet, exercise and buy some new clothes before you can even think about where you should be meeting women.

No hate, just trying to actually help.

• I've had a very healthy online relationship

• it's not a joke if you only go online to find people. You shouldn't use it as a substitute for physically dating the person

• Not if you do it right.

• Meh, works for some people. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

• I've had zero luck with it. But it works for some people.