Have you ever met/dated the right person at the wrong time?

The timing in my love life sucks. I feel like I have met the one, however in the next few years it will be extremely difficult to see him. Our age also makes us super insecure about being separated for so long and we are in a dilemma of how to proceed in the relationship with me going off to college. I do not believe in the excuse that the way life takes its course can be justified by saying, "Oh whatever happens is meant to be" because things change for the better and for the worse and we do not always come out with the best circumstance.

So do you ever feel the same way and how do you deal with knowing the one has gotten away because of various things neither of you can control due to failed timing?

Most Helpful Girl

• My current boyfriend I believe is "the one". He is the perfect guy, super romantic, respects me, treats me like a princess, he's absolutely in every way perfect.

But I met him during a bad break-up he was having, and...well...this is going to sound weird, but..due to the break-up, he did some sexual things with his stepsister. I'm not really sure why, he said because he felt pressured by her (she has a huge thing for him) and he felt vulnerable. He's really sorry about it and it wasn't while we were dating and he's assured me he has no feelings for her, so I've forgiven him.

However, she is not forgiving so easily and she has been trying to sabotage our relationship.

While I do think he's "the one", it's a very, VERY difficult situation for me to handle, however I'm trying my very hardest (and he is as well) to make it work, because if we can make it through this, we both know we will be happy for the rest of our lives.

• I hope it goes well for you! I guess I will take the same approach like try hard to make it work and hope everything turns out alright? The thing is for me he is my ex but we still haven't gotten over each other this whole summer and things seem to be on the side of the opposition which is life

• so how are you guys now?

• Very good. :) We continue to go on strong. He's a very supportive guy. :)

What Guys Said 1

• No because the "right" person is "right" no matter what the situation is. If the "right" person is in the "wrong" situation, then they aren't the "right" person.

• that makes no sense love can outweigh all situations unless their like dead or too old and pervy or something. If they're the right person they're the right person.

• anyway so you think that the right person must also come with the right situation. However if the situation was different making the formal wrong person right, then the individuality of the person becomes irrelevant.

• if you hate the website then get off it I'm sure you're not the only one who hates it I hate it sometimes

What Girls Said 3

• I believe that you can find the right person at a time that isn't meant for you to be together. It happened to me. I fell for someone that was older than I was and was moving to the other side of the US. I went on about my life, and he went on about his. We both had other relationships, some serious, some not. Long story short, after 7 years of knowing each other but only seeing each other once or twice a year, we married. That was 33 years ago. I know it won't make you feel any better, but I truly believe if you're meant to be together, you will be. We both learned a lot about life and ourselves during those years that honestly made us better for each other than we would have been in the beginning.

• woah I'm jealous hopefully my life will turn out half as good as yours lol :')

• faith as in pray? do nothing? wish on a star? dig a hole and sit in it . cry D:

• Faith in your hope that your life will turn out as well as you would like.

• Happened to me 3 months ago. I felt like he was the one, he talked about his future with me in it but it was a bad time in his life. I'm still not completely over it.

• not really but I did meet a potentially right person and didn't let it develop the way it could have because he was very shy and my friends who also know him told me I could push it a little and I didn't. however, in hindsight I don't know if he was really the right one but he was a nice guy and we had a lot in common and could have possibly had a good relationship.

• how did you not get depressed about it?

• because at the same time I am not convinced that he was THE right one. there are things about him I am not sure I would have been happy with and I have the philosophy that things dod and do not happen for a reason so why get upset. if it was meant to be it would have happened.