None of my dates worked out, should I consider seeing a therapist?

I went on a lot of dates this summer and none of them made it to the next level, and the ones that did kind of went well, I didn't feel a mutual connection. The guys that I was attracted too were jerks/dogs/playas, or not into me because they didn't feel the 'spark'. Should I go to a counselor/therapist? I've been on a total of 4, soon to be 5 dates. I feel really bad about this... What are your thoughts on this ladies/guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• Try joining clubs for people with your interests, so that you will have something in common with any guy you meet.

If you're 'dating' with strangers, all you will have in common is an interest in sex, most of the time!

What Guys Said 3

• Not really.

You probably need to vet people better. Or develop better intuition.

However, I guess a therapist could help you develop this.

• how were they jerks dogs and playas? and what attracted you to them ?

4 or 5 dates is nothing!

• Yes.

What Girls Said 3

• 4 bad dates? Not a reason to see a therapist.

Reason to see a therapist? If you have been struggling with feeling down or these bad dates triggered something, or you are battling with low self esteem.

You don't need to have depression or a mental illness to see a therapist, I've been in therapy without ever being diagnosed and its really nice to have someone to talk to. So if you have been having a tough time, give it a shot.

But therapy isn't going to make your dates go well. It's not a simple solution to life's problems. It's completely understandable to be sad that a date didn't work out. You don't have to go to therapy for that. There are other ways to cheer up if you're sad about that. But if there are other bad things going on, you could look into therapy.

• yes therapy could help sort out your problems.

• you're making way too big a deal out of it. most dates don't work. most relationships don't work. that's why they call it The One instead of The Twenty-Six lol. most guys you meet will not be the right one for you, but don't put so much pressure into finding it. just have fun and enjoy dating for what it is