Do you like blind dates?

I hate them and I wouldn't go one even if the woman was beautiful. I don't go out with women I don't know, there is a chance she will be a psycho and butcher when we are alone. Just because my luck with women isn't good doesn't mean I will settle for just any woman. I'm in college, they do the blind dating thing there. I just don't do it. It makes me uncomfortable. Do you like blind dating? Or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• never been on a blind date myself to be honest , not really something I'd do , I'd prefer to go after the girls I'm interested in meeting

What Girls Said 11

• I've never been on a blind date, but I'd give it a go. I mean, everyone you meet was a stranger at one point or another, and it's a good way of meeting people you might never naturally cross.

I think I'd be less interested in the idea if it was someone randomly chosen, because the chances then of you two connecting are a lot slimmer. But if we had been matched, either by a mutual friend or personality etc, I think it would be worth doing.

Meeting new people can be difficult, either because your social group naturally stops expanding, or the places to meet people often have the wrong connotations for a relationship (clubs. bars, etc).

However, as with all first dates (even with people I know) I would make sure it is somewhere very public and I have a polite but 'no excuses' way to leave if things aren't going so well.

• No. I went one one once and the guy proposed to me within the first three minutes.

Freaked me out haha. Never again.

• I never been on one and those are very good points you made.

• I have never been on one but I really don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I prefer to get to know the person before I even think about dating so yeah. I agree on the points you've made.

• Ive been set up on two blind dates years ago. Both were bice people but not for me. I kind of think anyone could be a nut, even the seemingly normal people that we could potentially approach for friendship or love.

• Never been on a blind date!

I'd probably laugh the entire date... and then he'd probably leave thinking I'm crazy. Which is a good thing, from my perspective.

• No. I've never been on one, but I can't imagine someone else choosing a good date for me. Plus, I don't get to choose at all. I have to make free time and spend money for a guy I have never even met. Not happening.

• I wouldn't do it

• I've never been on one but I'd try it

• No I don't

• I've never been on one but I would try it.

What Guys Said 4

• If it's a good friend suggesting it and they know that person specifically, I'm going to trust their judgement and go for it. Usually there's this stigma such as "Oh but what if she isn't pretty" or "What if he has an awful personality." You're not going to be set up with the worst person ever if the matchmaker is really your friend. Besides, if your first question about a blind date is "Is she hot?", you're probably not mature enough to be dating anyways. Give people a chance.

• I don't go on dates with women I don't know period. It doesn't matter if she is good looking or not, If I don't know her, I'm not interested.

• But if your friends knows her and truly knows you, then wouldn't it make sense for them to only suggest someone wonderful that you'd get along with to you? I tend to have a checklist of criteria for girls I ask out but I have friends who know what kind of women I'm into and I trust them.

• Sure why not, meet new girls on a first date. Makes great stories!

• Never done a blind date... could be fun though.

• they are interesting, even when they're awful.