When you see young people in college dating, what do you think of?

In the past few years, seems like I hear so many young people are not into dating, preferring their careers, independence, fears of getting pregnant or disease and so on. In my college, I don't see too many young couples as was in the past decade. So I'm wondering what goes through your mind when you see two people dating and perhaps in love?

I'll tell you what I think, and it's pretty old school: GREAT! I enjoy people being together and hoping for a family in the future. Really irritates me seeing so many younglings who think only of themselves, bypassing good potential lovers and learning how to interact with each other. I don't try to play cupid as I used to, but I do try and encourage the young to find love now and not never as they see it. Even though I'm going to die and die alone, no reason for me to curse the world in a similar fate.

Am I behind the times? What do you folks think about dating now? Let it be heard!

A bit surprised that nobody has been critical about this. I've overheard too many people saying, "what is he thinking? She's just going to leave him or divorce in a few years" or "Why is she dependent and needy, she'll lose her independence." Maybe I'm around the wrong kind of people...

Most Helpful Guy

• Those are all factors. But the MAJOR fact is the emasculation of men. Men don't know how to approach women. Many of them don't even want to approach women. Women find a large proportion of modern men unattractive.

Today's generation of young people are the children of the children of the 1960s.

• Here here!

My college thesis was entitled "The Emasculation of The Contemporary Male"... I received an A :)

• i agree I get more guys trying to message me on Facebook than trying to talk to me in person

• God dam Facebook. LOL. Yes we are one f***ed-up generation.

What Girls Said 3

• i see people together holding I think its sweet, I am single but that does not mean I am bypassing potential lovers, I do not want sex and for me personally it is easy for me to get laid, but a relationship is not that simple, plus I want to get to know the guy before I have sex with him, even if he asks me out on a date I'm not going to bust out in a love poem or open my legs. I am 21 too. I am focused on getting a job because I like having money on the side to do my nails and get my hair done and buy pretty clothes, without money I can't do those things and I do not mind talking to men in college but I do not need a man, I want to be in a relationship with one but on my own terms and standards not because men exist

• AHA! When a woman demands a relationship on HER terms, she comes off as strong and independent. When a man demands a relationship on HIS terms, he comes off as a punk loser. Feminism and equality! HA! Oops, did I say something bad about women? BLASPHEMY!

• I think it's probably fun.

• I heard people in college don't have relationships but hookups

What Guys Said 5

• People are on the whole, not so interested in the dating 'game.' More and more, they prefer to meet people in a more natural setting, such as by working together or sharing a hobby or interest.

But I agree a lot of the younger people are just too self-centered to share their lives with anyone.

There are more and more people who have no real social lives of any kind.

• UPDATe;; Of course a lot of modern women are afraid of losing their independence, so they tend to keep guys at a distance emotionally, and that is too bad.

• I met my wife in college

• depresses me, knowing that I'm getting older and won't get those years back

• For guys, having lots of sex with lots of women is ideal as it ever was. I'd recommend no man to settle down until he's 25.

Dating at like 21 is a complete waste of time. There is a significant chance they won't be your wife/husband, so why waste your time when you could have put those hours to something productive?

In a gist, I look at them and say they're wasting minutes on someone they'll eventually dump or be dumped by.

• It makes me feel even more suicidal since I'm a 26 year old virgin who has never even been kissed or been on a date before. That and I may have a terminal illness.

• THAT can be fixed. Just takes a lot of money...well, maybe not that much