What do you think about first kisses?

Apparently 8 out of 10 women can tell how a relationship would go after the first kiss. So what are your opinions on timing (no of dates), techniques, how intense. And can you really tell anything?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, first kiss is an indicator of the attraction level and the amount of connection you have with a person. But it's NOT the bible for the relationship- it's more of a clue that, when combined with the hundred other clues women gather at the start of relationships, will tell us how things are probably going to go. Of course, we don't always listen to the clues or accept the conclusion they lead us to, which is how we sometimes end up dating jerks for a long time...

As for technique- totally individual, depends entirely on the woman you're kissing. The when part- again depends on the woman and also the situation. First guy I ever really fell for- it took him a full 3 weeks to finally get there, drove me nuts but it was also one of the best first kisses I've ever had. My second serious relationship- it happened the first date, second time we met, it was one of those instant connection things, we just clicked right away. It was a good one too...

Other guys, it's varied depending on how comfortable I was with them.

For me on a personal level, it all depends on the comfort level with the guy and how we relate to each other. My first love, we were childhood playmates, then close friends and THEN a couple, so it made sense for us to take it slow, take time to transition. The second guy, I felt perfectly comfortable with him right away.

What Girls Said 16

• Honestly this percentage is wrong don't listen to it, your feelings are always different with each person you date, most times it's not even obvious you like them and we are always unsure for a bit if we do like them or not it just takes getting to know them first to see if you have enough interests or really get along with one another you can't be with someone straight away then suddenly get mad just because you found you all you both do is argue, that is why you take it slow and get to know each other before deciding if you like them or not.

Sure... hang out but don't force it just come out of yourself naturally and make it fun dating is meant to be a fun and layed back process but if you can't make each other laugh or even keep a decent conversation going and it just seems forced even after 5 months of knowing each other then obviously your not meant for each other, a kiss is only a kiss until you actually have feelings for someone then it is special and sweet. Since most the time you never know at first it's wise to not kiss until you know you like each other but if you just to kiss them without knowing then it's just going to make things really weird. I know I've been there lol.

• To be honest yeah a bad first kiss is kind of a deal breaker for me because it sets the tone for our physical connection. If I don't feel that rush or spark or if it is just plain awkward and gross then yeah there is nothing there. But fear not. If you think you are a bad kisser then the right girl will steer you in the right direction because she will feel something besides you washing machining her mouth. No. of dates for a kiss depends on the person and if the mood is right. If I'm into a guy I will for sure kiss him on the first date. But sometimes things are a little shy and coy and I wait a little longer. NO WASHING MACHINING (over use of tongue .. gross) don't suck the life out of a girl. Gentle, moist kisses with a little tongue. It's always nice when a guy holds your face too.

• The first kiss tells nothing about the relationship at all. Never let anything physical be the judge of how a relationship can go because a lot of times it simply clouds the eyes.

I had a terrible terrible atrociously bad first kiss with one guy and grew to love him so much.

Then I had the most raw *oh my god this is f*cking amazing* first kiss with another guy and that relationship ...was on another level of difficult ...stupid

• It varies from person to person but I'm okay with kissing early on. I wouldn't suggest giving her a tounge-attack on the first date, but a little French isn't that bad.

Personally, I feel like talking about kissing kills the mood. In my opinion, the best way to ask for permission to kiss is to move in on a kiss slowly and let her close the gap if she wants to. Like in the movie Hitch, go 90% of the way and let her go 10%. I feel like that takes away a lot of the awkwardness.

Again, everyone is different but that's what I think is best.

• First kisses don't reall matter. With my ex our first kiss was super crappy at first but we had a good connection either way. And if I were to have the PERFECT first kiss it'd have to be somewhere pretty and not cliche, like NOT on my doorstep, and it'd have to be one of those kisses where the guy holds the side of your face and isn't all flimsy about it, so making it pretty intense. That'd be nice.

• If it's your first kiss ever, it will hardly be good, just like it happens with the first time you do pretty much anything. If not, I think you can notice a few things but I'm not sure if that alone is enough to judge a relationship.

My first kiss with an ex of mine was incredible because I had feelings at that moment, but the next few times I noticed he was simply terrible at it. The relationship didn't last long, but the kissing wasn't a major reason for it.

• I think you can tell certain things. Like if the kiss is totally horrible, things aren't going to be smooth. My first kiss with my boyfriend was really nice. I tried kissing him, missed, but then when we actually kissed it was really hot. Neither of us really knew how to kiss, either, but our enthusiasm made up for it :p

• a boy could capture me with a kiss if there is a connection

• no.

• It has no impact on anything for me

• actually, it is the most important thing at begining (:

• Apparently I am the 20% who cannot tell anything by a first kiss. I can tell if he's a good kisser but nothing about how the relationship will go.

• Well I can't say since I've never done either or I'm that 20 percent

• They are lovely:D

• they are always awkward:P

• Crimeny I don't know if I've ever been able to tell that just based on a kiss lol. I guess I'm one of the 2 out of 10

What Guys Said 1

• Not sure about the kiss deal. I heard this week that on average it takes guys about 15 minutes to know if they like a girl while on a first date. Supposedly it takes most women about an hour before they know if they like the guy.

• Arent they complex being?! lol.

• I can usually tell in about 5 minutes based on the way they compose themself, if they have to dominate the conversation, or they can't carry a conversation at all.

• 5 minutes is a good number.