Would you date someone who stutters?

Would you date someone who stutters? Would you be friends with such a person?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would probably not be comfortable with that person since the stuttering will keep making me think that she's either nervous or hiding something... All the time. And it might get kind of annoying after a while. I might try helping her with the stuttering if I can. But if I can't, I would probably look for someone else.

What Guys Said 12

• Sure I would, as long as they had no objection to me humilating them in public! Think of the laughs we could have!

• Two of my friends stutter, so does the husband of one of my aunts. I also have an autistic friend. Are you stuttering or your prey?

In case 1: if you have to ask this here, don't date a guy who stutters. If you'd get along with that, you wouldn't be asking.

In case 2: Most people won't have a problem with it. Be open and frank and ignore the few idiots who have a problem with it (you can most probably not change them anyway...).

• F**k no! That would almost be as bad as being friends with a fat person, or someone unpopular, or a foreigner, or a n**ger, or ... anyone actually that is not as marvellous, fantastic, godlike and indescribable as ME!

• if you mean to be sarcastic... I'll have you know that you failed.

• No, I was 100% sincere. Absolutely no sarcasm here. And the question wasn't the least bit stupid.

• Yes I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't because I stutter haha

I'm pretty awesome so I don't know why someone would reject me over that. I don't stutter very badly either it's only once in a while when I'm tired or very nervous.

• Unless they over use it as crutch, if there actually an a**hole, and when people give it back they blame it on the stutter. I'm basing that on a couple personal experiences, but other then that no issue. Might even make them seem cute, or as a friend something to lightheartedly tease about. (Not sure if that's for everyone, but my friends laugh at my dyslexia, I laugh at one of them for mild aspergers and another for astigmatism)

• What do you mean by using it as a crutch and when people give it back they blame it on the stutter?

• Well not really stutters specifically, but I know another guy, not my friend I mentioned earlier, with Aspergers syndrome, and he'll flip out and yell at people or teachers if they tell him to stop tapping his feet (more like stomping) and when he flips out he's just like you guys hate me because my mental condition.

• Yup my friend stuttered. His mom forced him to get speech therapy or something. My cousin has a little speech problem, in a sense he can't pronounce some words properly. Its not a big thing. Yes I would have no problem dating her if I liked her.

• Course I would not just because I'm one myself. Stutter people are usually shy and I really luv to have a shy girl into my life. I will show her what real life is like despite all the sufferings she's been put through!

• Yes I would definitely have no problem dating a girl that stutters, and friends.

• I don't think that would be a big problem.

• I'd prefer to date someone who just couldn't speak all-together.

• Y-y-y-yes

• No guy will reject a girl only because she stutters

What Girls Said 10

• Of course. It wouldn't bother me. If they are a good person and have a good personality then that would be a stupid reason for me to reject them.

• Yes, of course (to both).

• Yah, speech impediments don't bother me. I don't have one, but I'm so used to not speaking that I often mess up words/have trouble speaking 'n such...so I could somewhat I understand

• I don't have a problem with anyone who stutters. Yes, I'd befriend someone who stutters and if I liked them a lot I would date them as well.

• Yes,i used to stutter myself so I am not judgmental against others who do.

• Yes

My nephew used to stutter but he kinda grew out of it

It doesn't bother me...

• yes and I am - no biggie just like having an accent

• I wouldn't really care if I really liked him.

• Date? Idk. Befriend? Sure Idc

• Yes. The most amazing kind, smart guy I know stutters, I don't even notice it most of the time. I'd date him in a heartbeat!