Am I not girlfriend material?

Over the past three years, I've been single. I know I've only grown into my skin more and I look better than ever. I constantly have guys hitting on me..even girls! Three guys at work like me. Two are taken.

I don't understand why I haven't been out on a date in over a year/haven't had a boyfriend in a long time. I really feel like guys like me because I'm a novelty: I listen to old music, play guitar, and I have tattoos. So I'm fun to flirt with and look at but nobody actually dates me!

What am I doing wrong? I feel like I do take enough initiative and make myself available and open to dating.

Most Helpful Guy

• You might have a lot of wonderful traits that guys would love, but I don't think the reasons you gave are likely to attract a guy. What do you mean by girls are hitting on you? Do they think you are gay, or are they just complementing you? The reason I ask is because if girls are hitting on you, maybe you look like you are not into guys. So maybe guys figure there is no point in asking you even if they do like you.

• Hahaha no I don't look like a lesbian. The girls know I'm straight, it just happens.

What Guys Said 4

• There could be so many different answers for this, it'd take more detail to be dead on, but here's what I'm guessing. It sounds like a lot of people hit on you which leads me to believe you are attractive. From my experience women that fit your description (old music, play an instrument, tatted up, are usually very interesting, and it can be very intimidating. I've had several female friends like that, beautiful and interesting, and I've even hit on them (with no return) but to actually come right out and ask them out I fear would end badly, and I'm guessing that's what you're experiencing. Maybe when someone hits on you if you think you may be interested try letting them know that you're interested.

• These guys who are constantly hitting on you. Do you see any of them regularly? Maybe it would help if you bring up the topic of boyfriends, and girlfriends, and maybe bring up that you're interested in one. When you're flirting put a hand on him. like on his shoulder or arm. Or if both of you are sitting down, put a hand on his leg. But if it comes down to it. You might have to be the one who asks the guy out.

I hope this was at least a little helpful. Good luck.

• The guys I work with, yes. I've just noticed a pattern of taken guys liking me. And I'm not a slut at all so it's not like I give that vibe off of just being a hook up.

• The fact you have had one means you relationship material

• Ok, so you have guys hitting on you. Then what happens? I don't think most guys would bother to flirt unless they were interested in possibly getting to know you more. My guess is you're approachable but somehow you don't come across as 'askable'.

Also you need to meet new men often. Very few guys are confident enough to ask out a girl in a shop or a cafe or on the street.

What Girls Said 2

• Lol, I'm in the same exact situation... honestly maybe we

Are just wayy to hot so guys stay away from us hhaha

• Hahaha we should be friends

• You might be a very particular type of person that only a certain type of guy is attracted to, if that makes sense. There is nothing WRONG with that, you just have to be more patient and keep meeting people. Chin up!