Should I bring money on the first meeting "date"?

I've been talking to this guy for a couple weeks now and I suggested we meet up for the first time at the park. He agreed on meeting up but wanted go to this little spot in sherman oaks where he use to work. Now should I bring money? if so how much? And any tips on what I should wear would b GREAT!

Most Helpful Guy

• Bring as much money as you can. Act like you haven't got a cent.

That's the rules, baby.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, certainly, bring money, but let him pay for the date. A man that can't spot you doesn't deserve your company.

Do you know this man, enough to be comfortable being alone with him? Don't ever be ashmed to ask a man to prove he is a gentleman. Any decent man would never be offeneded to do so.

Wear the little black dress. :)

• At least enough to pay your half and to easily get back home on your own. (Taxi thus if dad isn't the I'll-jump-in my-car-now type)

Never run around pennyless.

• Bring 5-10

Don't bring up spending money unless you want to buy him something (I'm talking like a drink or coffee)

If he offers to go get a drink or food or something, when you're ordering say something like "lemme see how much I have" to give him his chance to pay if you want him to offer it, and if not pay yourself

• Good advice! If you are riding with him, always a good idea to have enough money for cab fare home or back to your car. Be safe and have fun!

• You should always carry money with you. AT least $20, and probably $50. I would wear something casual and comfortable shoes.

• Yes, bring money. "Hope for the best, but always be prepared for the worse". If he pays for the dinner at least you can offer to pay the ice cream or the coffe. It is always a nice gesture to show him you can pitch in too.

• What do you mean? Of course you should bring money. As for how much, that would depend on what you'll be doing as well as what to wear.

• yeah you never know if he will pay all, assuming you don't know his financial situation. I don't know about sherman oaks but dress code should be smart casual, you know one of those dresses which will grab attention but not say 'look at me and adore me' if that makes sense

• "Honey, you have the vagina, he has the penis. That means, he gives, and you just sit back and receive. His money is your money, and your money is your money," said the post-menopausal single woman.

I don't know, it's 2013. Don't you want to at least show him, as a gesture or token, that you're not one of those girls who's a "taker" and just expects the guy to do either "everything" or "bear the majority of all dating costs"?

• Yes you should take money. You'll give a good impression if you're willing to pay, even though he probably will pay.

Wear something that makes it obvious that you made an effort to look good, and make sure it flatters your body. You've got big breasts? Show them off. You've got long legs? Show them off.

What Girls Said 3

• Do you know him love. Where he lives, etc?

• I would always have some cash on me for a first date. Most guys would pay for the first date, but you don't want to be caught unprepared. Plus, if you asked him to meet you, it was your invite, so you should maybe pay? If he had asked you, I bet he would pay. Just have some on you and go with the flow. Where something feminine, but comfortable, since you're going to a park, and something that flatters your shape. I like the suggestion below to always have money for a cab fare, that's smart. Enjoy!

• Always bring money to any date, usually I carry with me a twenty and some small bills. So yes, if he offers to pay then let him, but if not you pay your own way. Also always have money for a cab in case you go out drinking and you need a way to get home.