Girls why would you do this when texting a guy?

So there's this girl who I have been texting a lot since we got to be friends on a trip however she lives a few hours away so we can't see each other much, if at all. She will usually start the conversation or at least keep it going well with longer texts and questions. However, every so often (like 1-2 times a day or so) she will text a response with only a few words in it and is very hard to respond to such as "I know!" or stuff like that. When I respond (which I don't always do) she replies quickly and starts being open again. Why is she doing this and does it mean she is not interested in me as anything more than a friend? We don't really flirt much over text, however in the week that I met her she would sit near me a lot and jokingly hit me and tickle me and stuff. Not sure if that changes anything. Also we have been texting almost everyday all day for like a week and a half now.

• Interested
  • Not interested
  • Other/See results

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been in this girl's shoes before. I'm not guaranteeing that this is what she's feeling, but in my case, I occasionally replied with short answers because I was always the one starting the conversation, and I was always the one who seemed to keep it going. So I wanted to give the guy a chance to put some effort in, if that makes sense. I wanted to be sure that he wanted to talk to me too, and I wasn't just annoying him!

With the tickling and stuff, it sounds like she likes you. Only if she doesn't do that with any other guy though, she could just be a flirt.

Good luck :-)

What Girls Said 3

• The small messages are probably nothing but that. She probably didn't think of much more to say than what she did. You can't expect her to send you a big text message all the time! As far as interest, I'm not sure. She could have some interest, but she could just be very friendly too.

• I'm in a similar situation...I met a guy on a mission trip and we flirted and hung out as much as we could. I friended him on Facebook and he got all excited and started messaging me and gave me his number. At first things were normal and we texted a lot but then he got all weird...like he would say stuff like, "I miss you," "come cuddle with me," "hey sweetie," etc. He was never like that in person. His texts freaked me out cause he was wayyy too forward, so I barely respond to him when he texts me. Also, the fact that he and I live like three hours away is another thing cause I know we'll probably never see each other again. Maybe the girl you're talking to is feeling the same way as me. It seems like she's talking to you a lot now though, so that's good! Good luck!

• It's kinda hard to tell whether she's interested or not but sometimes I don't know to respond to something so my reply is a little short. Don't over think it. :)

What Guys Said 1

• You're pen pals. That's the only thing we can know for certain.