Girls, why do you instantly jump into dating/seeing someone else after a break up?

I and my girlfriend broke up, then within days she was already seeing someone else. I know she still loves me and has feelings for me but the relationship didn't workout for a number of reasons.

I know she wasn't seeing him behind my back, but I don't understand how you could see someone else so quick. Is he on the rebound, is she using him as a distraction, doesn't want to feel alone etc

There's a lot of history between us and suddenly she's seeing someone. Plus the guy she is seeing is a major player and has a bad reputation.

Most Helpful Girl

• Rebound guy, I think. This is the guy she just have sex with and tells him about all the wrong things you did. Some girl find rebound guys after some days of break up while some girls find it some months or years later. This doesn't mean she is over you, she just need someone to distract her and keep her busy. :)

What Girls Said 7

• to distract herself ,I did the same thing

I think it's normal

I don't know about her but when I dated a guy right after my ex and I broke up, I knew it won't go anywhere and I didn't want it to,so maybe she doesn't want it to get serious or anything and she just wanna distract herself

anyway if she loved you , I don't think she'd get over you that fast

• Because she is not going to waste her time crying over something she is going to get over at some point so why not try to get over it right away

• She's rebounding.

• People reacts differently. Maybe that was her way of getting over you? But don't think it's because you are not good enough. My mum did the samething to my dad.

• After a breakup, especially an emotional one, sometimes you just want to have fun. It's like going on a mini-vacation, minus the traveling, sight seeing and it's with a penis. She could be using him as a fun distraction.

• Because we can

• I'd say rebound. Either that, or she's trying to get you jealous.

What Guys Said 6

• Some people get over a relationship by staying single for a while, others need more time, and still others need a rebound relationship to help move on.

Apparently she has moved on quickly this time, so should you. I'm not saying go out and date now or anything like that, take your own time but try to move on and forget about this. You'll give yourself grey hairs with stress. ;.) Go hang with you buddies, run, play video games, take your mind off it. Be careful of mindless repetitive activities that leave you lost in thought. If you have that kind of job, take music to work and nothing depressing.

• It's called Jalousy test. either you play along and cry or you go see other girls and show her how much fun you can have without her. It's childish, but it works.

• Mate, I messed up! She knew it would wind me up and it worked I got angry and kicked off with her. I even fronted the guy out. She put pictures up on Facebook with him and her sharing cocktails. But I eventually calmed down, I then went on a night out with a girl she hates and there pics of me and her together on Facebook having a good time . I'm playing the game.

• keep it up, a picture of you and that girl kissing with an alcohol bottle in hand would be the most awesome thing you could do to really get under her skin.

Also, add words you used to share together on the TOPIC. That is the FATALITY!

• Why do you care didn't you break it off lol. She might have talk to him as a friend while with you and may have liked him. Either that or she has been cheating on you the whole time

• She's using guys or just wanted to be with someone then rather being single.

• She might be on a rebound, but one thing for sure is that she doesn't love you.

• girls only feel valuable if they are with a guy which is pretty stupid