So, I met this girl...

We exchanged numbers, and she starts texting me. I respond to her, asking how she is, all that stuff, and she responds to me with one or two word answers. People usually do that when they don't actually wanna talk to the person, but she's the one who texted me. I didn't text first. So, why is she acting like she doesn't want to talk when she's the one who initiated the conversation? Like, what teh hell?

Most Helpful Girl

• she's probably trying to stay on the safe side (not giving you too much info about herself) cause she knows that it would drive you nuts and want her more ..hehe ...damn she's good! lol ..jkjk ..but hey if she keeps doing this for a long period of time then forget her cause she probably likes to play mind games but if she starts to chat a little more with you then she's getting to know you and like you ..good luck!

What Girls Said 10

• So sorry to say this but that sounds so rude of her if your questions only require short/simple answers.I have actually stopped messaging an acquaintance 2 years ago because I took the time to write her a very long message so as to get to know her since she's the one who asked for my number.Both of us are not lesbians by the way.Haha.

She's from another country and kept complimenting me and seemed so keen to get to know me.But she replied with only an ''ok'' to my message and nothing else.I think it would be too humiliating for me to text her again.I hope it is because of bad chemistry between us for her to respond like that.Haha.

• It could be because she lost interest in you? Was it just like her saying hey, and off the bat, one word replies or was it progressive in the conversation?

• Sounds like she doesn't know what to say..

• She might just be shy! Or she might not know what to say because she likes you. Just ask her if she's busy or ask if she's okay. Hope this helps!

• Maybe she is shy or she is just busy. Personally, for me, I prefer interaction in person over text as it makes me feel more comfortable,

• She probly just isn't good at text conversation. She doesn't know what to say or talk about. Girls are weird.

• I would give her more time. Maybe she's been hurt and is still scared to open up.

• She could be shy and has trouble finding out what to say. :)

• She maybe shy and not want to give to much away just yet. Text her asking a few more questions in wanting to get to know her. See how she is. Maybe she didn't know what else to say. I think just text her and keep the convo casual and see how it goes. Good luck :)

• Its because she feels vulnerable for being the one to show her hand first. She initiated so it is obvious she likes you, however she doesn't want to appear too easy, hence being a bit cold or aloof. Initiate the next few convos and she should warm up to you.

Answer mine?

link

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know at least she is responding and gave you her # , some people when texting don't say a lot and give short responses , maybe your questions are too long or too complex to answer

• No, but now that you mention it, I think it may be the opposite. I think I ask questions that only require short/simple answers.

• maybe avoid yes or no questions in the future and come up with better conversation ideas