First date. What to wear to a wine bar?

I am going on a first date to a wine bar. I have never been to one before and don't know what to wear. What are your suggestions on what to wear to a wine bar? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• Always dress high, especially on the first date. You'd much rather be overdressed than underdressed. My standard fare is a pair of jeans, dress shoes, really nice button-up, and a blazer. If my date showed up in a cocktail dress I would be that much more impressed. Of course, if that really isn't your thing, dress as your style demands, just keep it classy.

• Red but not flashy or revealing dress.

• I don't think it's a big deal really. Just don't look trashy.

What Girls Said 6

• a cocktail dress. my friend owns a wine bar and I go sometimes.

• A cute dress, or a normal blue jeans with a cute and/or flowy blouse would looke cute.

• It depends on the place. If it's a classy place go with a little black dress, you can never go wrong with that. If it's less formal you can go with a pair of jeans, a dressy top, and heels

• Just go in the nude and then get drunk. Now that's a great party.

• it depends on how upscale the place is...otherwise its not that serious.

• jeans and a shirt