Is it OK to date other people?

I've been seeing a girl for about 2 months now. We hangout once or twice a week but haven't discussed if we are an item. Also we haven't had sex. I have stayed over at her place several times but no sex. Every time I think it's going to happen it doesn't. It seems odd to me after 2 months that we haven't.

Then this past weekend I met a girl at a coworkers BBQ. She was cute and she asked me if I wanted to attend an art exhibit with her.

Is that ok?

The first girl and I haven't had sex or had any talks on being exclusive. I know opinions vary on this stuff but I wanted to know what people would say.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there is a lack of comminication between you and the first girl. Is the reason you want the other girl is becuase the first girl hasn't given you sex yet? I'm sort of assuming this is the case, please correct me if I'm wrong. Like justclaire said, maybe she is afraid or doesn't know what you want. Maybe she thinks you don't want sex. I've been dating a guy for almost 2 months myself and he is moving slow with me as well. He wouldn't initiate anything with me so I finally just asked him and he told me he was respecting me. I think communication is key.

I guess you two aren't exclusive yet so I would say it is OK to go out with the other girl but I think you are doing the first girl an injustice by not talking to her

• Sex is part of it but its not everything to me just a part of the progression from dating to becoming something serious. I have tried to initiate before but it hasn't happened. And I feel there is a disconnect between us. I think I've been patient and I think that sex is a key component to a relationship with someone, and since we haven't crossed that bridge I don't feel comfortable making a commitment to her and not dating others.

• ah I do understand. The girl prob is just not ready. Do you do other physical things with her? Or is there no intimacy involved at all? If the answer is no then yes I would reevaluate it or at least talk with her and see how she feels about you.

What Girls Said 2

• Well it sort of depends I guess. This girl that you've been seeing might be really into you but is too scared to talk to you about exclusivity or possibly taking your relationship to the next level and you seeing someone else could end up being very upsetting to her. I'd have a chat to the first girl about where this relationship is going and if she doesn't want it to go any further than you are free to go out with the girl you met at the BBQ. But if you find that you just don't really want to continue this relationship then end things first before starting something new. It's never a good look to juggle even if you aren't technically exclusive because it makes you seem like a player and girls like to be the only one you see.

• Doesn't matter whether sex was involved or not, you're still dating. I don't see why not. Lots of people, especially girls I've noticed date around and then settle with the right person.

What Guys Said 2

• Well, you're acting like the boyfriend with this girl...and you're not. You should be making her think you're seeing other people even if you're not. This will cause her to ask about being exclusive.

As long as you're not having sex and haven't talked about being an "item", then there is no reason you can't date many people at once.

• If you haven't talked about exclusivity, then sure, go ahead. It's not your fault if she makes assumptions without telling you.