Girls how many dates before a guy can give you flowers?

Girls, how many dates before its not creepy or strange before a guy can give you flowers? Some girls don't like them at all. Is it OK for flowers to be given to a friends with benefits also?

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly think there isn't an exact given amount of dates.

Everyone is different.

I feel like it should be fine when you feel a certain way about the girl. If you don't know what this feeling would be like, chances are, you're not there yet.

Aside from that, I'd make sure she feels the same.

And for the friends with benefits part, I think that depends. But I feel like that might send a more-than-friends-with-benefits vibe. But I don't know the relationship between you two. I don't know her. Maybe she'd like it. I feel like you'd be the best judge of that.

I also think it depends how long you've known this girl.

Did you just meet a few days or weeks ago? Or has she been a friend of yours for a long while.

Also, I feel like you should ask yourself if you are growing feelings for a "friend with benefits." :P

I personally like the idea of flowers from someone that means a lot from me and I know that someone feels the same about me.

I think I'd like hand picked flowers though because I'd feel bad if he had to spend a lot.

But I can't complain about bought flowers.

Best of luck. [:

• Thank you for BA. ^-^

• Nice answer. How do you know what kind of flowers a girl likes, or do you just ask her?

• Thank you. You could always just be blunt & ask, maybe take her to a garden (could be in a friendly or romantic way) & pay attention to see what kind she notices or maybe even mentions is her favorite.

What Girls Said 6

• haha, any?!?! I've never gotten a flower just because. I think once or twice for my birthday. super romantic after the second or third. so she knows you tried her once, took her on a second date. and now are really digging her. 3rd times a charm though :o)

• I got a flower on the first date once :D I left it in my room til it died.

• Five dates

• There is no correct answer. After one date is fine.

• I don't really consider flowers to be a romantic gesture ONLY. I've given flowers to my mom, to friends, whoever. I don't equate them with romance, maybe because I've personally never gotten flowers before.

• You need to learn a bit of Flowerology lol (learnt about it today)

• Haha! Oh yeah?

By the way, you look A LOT like my best friend from high school, wow.

• Friends with benefits? No that crosses the line.

I work in a flower shop and know the ridiculous cost of flowers, so I'm not into them.

I once had a guy give me a bouquet of roses on the third date and it was way too much.

Flowers should be reserved for special occasions within a relationship, I think.

What Guys Said 5

• Flowers and other "traditional romantic gestures" (jewelry, etc.) should not be given until you've been in an official relationship for a while. They have no place in the dating process, much less a FWB relationship.

Many guys try WAY too hard, way too early, and that just creeps girls out, and does more harm than good. Wait until you've been "official" for a while before you do any of that.

Gifts that you give a girl while you are dating should be either inexpensive or something you made yourself. It should have a bit of meaning, but it should not be overly romantic. If you take her to a concert and buy her a T-shirt, that's fine. If you take her to a fair and win her a stuffed animal, that's fine. But flowers and jewelry have way too much "meaning" for that stage of the relationship, and won't be properly appreciated until much later.

• i agree wiht you, but sometimes it depends on girl. some girl really like it, you need be different, that's why girl like unique guy that cross and don't obey rule of dating. a guy that can do crazy thing. I gave flowers to my crush, and gave surprised birthday one week after her birthday date, she didn't expect it, she thought I didn't care but I did. she is really happy and be nice to me. and she knew that I am crazy and can do anything that she can't expect I would do

• its better you know her character. think it she will like or not

• I would suggest not doing it until you're a couple.

As for FWB, this sounds pretty hypothetical to me, and would be a very unusual situation.

• It depends. I think when it happens, it happens. So it has to be natural, and probably not on the first date.

After you know her for a while, then you can give it (hopefully she likes flowers).

The question is, what kind of flowers do you get?

• Flowers should be given on your first date.

• No earlier than the 6 month mark.