Is paying for online dating worth it?

I started a pof profile and it feels like a middle school dance (everyone standing around but nothing happens) so is paying for match.com really worth it and how much does it cost?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on where you and whay you want.

You'll for sure find more people that are serious about finding a relationship. In your age range I'm sure there aren't too many people on paid dating sites yet. Typically men look for a bit younger than themselves and lot of girls that age will likley either not be able to afford paid sites or re just still giving real life a chance. That's probbly not so much an issue if you live in NYC but if you live in a rther small town, pickings will be rather slim, so I'm not sure it'd be worth the money

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• For the girls, if they're careful, it's probably worth it, but not for guys, because there are several guys there for every girl on most dating sites.

• So far...no. I've been on most all the sites..though not all charge. It's been 20 months..I've probably met 5 girls in person. I would only pay for sites that charge 100% of the time. That way you are more likely to find serious people. Sites like POF that's bascially free...but charge you for perks...isn't the kind of site you want to pay for. Lot of time wasters on POF IMO. I've had the best luck on Christian Mingle, Eharmony, and Match. The women that I've found attractive on eharmony seem to be perfect matches...its crazy how compatible we are.