22 and still not allowed to date?

hey, I am 22 and my mother does not allow me to date...i have been working for about a year now. I date but behind my mothers back...i have been with my boyfriend for 3 years now. and I have met his parents. its a serious relationship. my brother is 27 and he is still not allowed to bring home a girlfriend. my father doesn't mind, its just my mother. she doesn't want us to go out and social and heng with friends either. my bother has develop a drinking prob due to this. she is very protective. what are your views on this? help please?

• Perfectly okay
  • Strange but okay
  • Something is deeply wrong
    Vote C
  • Extremely wrong
    Vote D
  • Other
    Vote E

44

Most Helpful Girl

• tell her. you're an adult,she can't do anything about it,you're already old enough for her to realize that if she continues that she'll lose you

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• You need to find your own place. Once you do that, your mother can't have any control over you.

• Deeply wrong to extremely wrong... your mom has issues and you need to gtfo the house and if she still bothers you, cut contact until she stops being anal.

• do you know why she won't let you date

• When I was younger, she said I need to concentrate on school and as I got older, she said I am too young to start to settle down.

• Can your dad not talk to her and say that there adults there can do what their want and it's his house as well so if the kids want to have friends or boyfriend/girlfriend over there can.

• he has...she doesn't listen

What Girls Said 3

• Your mom is psycho nuff said

• You are an adult this is very wrong of her, she seems like she doesn' t want to let you to break away from her.

• You're an adult. She sounds like a control freak, I'd say you need to start implementing some boundaries with her.