Drunk texting and the subconscious mind

What are people's opinions on drunk texting? Is it fully the subconscious mind leading the way or do people have control of what they are saying? Let's use the example of drunk texting someone you like.

0|0
0|2

What Guys Said 2

• Have you ever heard the phrase: In Vino Veritas ? This is Latin for "in wine there is truth".

In my opinion, it is not the subconscious mind that is revealed, but rather The Id, as Freud described it:

"It is the dark, inaccessible part of our personality, what little we know of it we have learned from our study of the Dreamwork and of the construction of neurotic symptoms, and most of that is of a negative character and can be described only as a contrast to the ego. We approach the id with analogies: we call it a chaos, a cauldron full of seething excitations... It is filled with energy reaching it from the instincts, but it has no organization, produces no collective will, but only a striving to bring about the satisfaction of the instinctual needs subject to the observance of the pleasure principle".

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of people can be drunk and control themselves whereas others cannot. I don't think it is subconscious because people are well aware that they are under the influence of alcohol. They can do what the f*** they please, they can resist it. I'm pretty sure people can resist falling off a building if their drunk whereas they want to f*** anyone or text sh*t to their friends. It's all the same and stupid...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.