Why do women join dating websites?

I mean, it's hard for a guy to get a girlfriend if he is too shy to ask women out or he is too busy with work to go to social scenes, but don't the majority of you women get guys asking you out or flirting with you regularly?

If you have guys showing interest in you all the time then why would you want to pay to join a dating website?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't have one, and I doubt I ever will. But my aunt just joined one and she is very attractive and is hit on all the time. The plus with the dating site is it comes with a profile. It tells you all about this guy so you don't gotta waste your time and effort trying to find out if he is interested in the same things as you. It's like a resume'. If every guy who hit on us handed us a resume' it would make our lives much easier. She was just tired of ass hole after ass hole. So she gave that a shot and it's working out pretty well for her. She hasn't gotten together with anyone and had a bad time. All of them have been good experiences, even if they don't turn into something serious.

What Girls Said 1

• no sorry...but I do not get guys "asking me out or flirting with me regularly". I am not a member of a dating site, but I have been curious about such things before, because it is proving to be impossible for me to date. I have never been asked out on a date before...so don't assume that all women are getting such attention from men, because it's just not true.

What Guys Said 1

• I've known a few women who joined dating sites because they were tired of who they described as players and man-whores. They wanted a more substantial relationship.