Do you think it is strange for someone to say they are a Christian yet date someone who is not?

I don't see how that could work with competing values...

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it's strange.

Not just Christians either.

I'm not a Christian, but I wouldn't date any girlw ho fundamentally disagreed with my philosophical views.

What Girls Said 10

• I'm not sure either, to be honest. I'm a Christian and I tried dating a non Christian once, but I quickly realized I absolutely have to have a boyfriend who shares my religion. I had a friend in high school who said her father is an atheist and her mom is Catholic... I asked her how on earth they made it work, and she said "they just ignored it." I don't understand.

• well you can ask me what exactly want to know cause I been dating my guy for 8 years. so no not strange to me. funny because he knows the bible well and when he was a child he loved going to church because his mother did not force it ans let him go when he wants. his grandmother started forcing him and he rebelled because it wasn't fun anymore he was also in the choir.

today he only go if he is forced, if I said I wanted to get he would with excitement.. he says he don't believe but when I say things like Isn't funny, when you said I want to change my life around you met me soon after? babe, God put us together now, because I wouldn't have dated you if I hadve known you before and he agrees. so is he a believer I think he is but feels like things don't happen right he blames it on God in a way.

• No, if you truly love someone, nothing should stop you from loving them. You accept it and let them do what they do while you do what you do. :)

• No

• not really

• to not be equally yoked it a sin.

• Not strange in this day and age but certainly not advisable. The conflicting views on religion would make a relationship very difficult. I am Christian and my boyfriend is Christian and I just couldn't imagine having a relationship with someone with such different views on core issues.

• No, I don't think it's all that strange. Some couples are able to put differences like that aside. I think that as long as you get along and love someone just for who they are, religion doesn't have to be something you fight about.

• Not really. I'm atheist, my partner is Christian.

• If your partner has sex with you and you are not married, he is not Christian

• Every British person I met who claims to be Christian really isn't. They treat me like dirt.

• Acts 10:15 "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

• Certain people can date people outside of their religions. I only see this becoming a problem if one of them insists on having their partner be a certain religion. Next, would be how the kids would be raised, would they learn both religions? Neither? Choose their own? Just depends on the people. I don't consider myself religious, but I could date someone who was as long as they didn't push their values on me, and agreed that the kids could choose whatever faith they wanted to follow. I could never also date someone whose religion 'ruled' their life, some people take it a little over the top, imo, and feel the need to push it on other people or believe other people are just plain wrong if they don't believe the same. Keep those jerks away from me.

What Guys Said 2

• not really, it is hypocrisy. I've fooled around with plenty of "christian" women, were only human I suppose. there's 2 sides to everybody really the side they show to everybody else and how they really are. id say a lot of christians have a confused, conflicted personality all they want to do is fit in and conform and to be followers just like many people who aren't christians. identifying with christianity helps them get through their lives, even if they don't obey every rule down to the last detail according to those beliefs. also they may think that maybe they can convert the person eventually.

• Girls generally go off emotions rather than logic (as a general rule, there are exceptions) so most girls wouldn't consider the long term future or assess the type of guy they want in complete detail. I personally wouldn't date a girl with completely oposing values. It just seems pointless