How do I get a good guy to date me if I'm a bad girl?

I want to start dating good men that are kind, successful, have morals (don't do drugs and stuff), are protective, mature, respect me, etc. Sadly, I'm nothing like those men. I am one of those hard partying girls. I drink a lot and smoke a lot of pot and cigs. I have done a lot of one night stands and work a minimum wage job. I have tried dating guys just like me before, but they always turn out to be d***s that just want sex and cheat on me and sh*t. I hate that. I want to date a good guy that will care for me and love me for who I am. But when I try to attract those kind of men they have no interest in dating me! They don't see me as "girlfriend material" and it sucks. :( I hate it. I am willing to change a little like stop partying and drinking as much but I don't want to become one of those goody goody girls. I'm not like that. How can I get those guys to like me more? I know I'm probably not perfect for them but I want to be with them! Help! xoxo

Most Helpful Guy

• Funny how you had successful on that list of "good guy" qualities. Anyway, like Anon said, it's probably going to be very hard to get a guy like that even if you cut back on drinking and partying because of the fact that you aren't, as it's been pointed out, "good girlfriend material". So I'd say your best options are to change quite a bit or deceive the guy, but one can question how long a relationship built on deception can last. So you either keep doing what you do now and hope for the best or learn to settle or you change yourself. At least I think those are your options.

What Guys Said 4

• The kind of guys you are talking about aren't going to invest in you unless you have you life together. They can and do get make easily so you need to bring more to the table.

On the other hand if you are interested in shy, nice, protective guys without good game, if you're decent looking you can probably get some of hem by taking the initiative. They seen used to women being into them especially in a sexual way and it tends to make them get emotionally attached.

• "I am willing to change a little like stop partying and drinking as much but I don't want to become one of those goody goody girls. I'm not like that."

They might be interested in your body for a short time (they're men too) but that won't last till marriage and if it does because the guy is stupid or lonesome or so, the marriage won't last.

Change a lot (a U-turn in your life thus, which will be VERY hard) or forget it.

• You want to have someone invest in you, but you know you are a bad investment, so you may as well quit. There is simply no reason, as a successful person, to embrace unsuccessful self-destructive people. That's akin to drinking spoiled milk despite being more than capable of buying fresh milk. It just makes no sense.

Yet you may be ahead of yourself to some degree and there is "hope". If you must seek out a person of that level of caliber you must be deceitful and act as a living temptation. The odds of successful maintenance are low but for those who are young and have been good "all of their lives" a person like you sounds tantalizing to some degree. Unfortunately it is only a matter of time before they either reject you as a person or become what you loathe.

• Unless you change A LOT, it's not going to happen. I'm just being honest.

What Girls Said 2

• It's easy. If you're pretty and charming you can get one, just show interest in him. Lots of good guys like bad girls. Think about it, lots of good girls like bad boys so why wouldn't the reverse be true? It happens all the time, I've seen it. You just have to be confident enough to just KNOW you can have any man you want. I think your problem is that you aren't really that confident and you have doubts. I've dated good guys before and honestly, men are men. Good guys don't respect girls who are dumb though, I will say that. if you're a bad girl who's savvy you'll do okay as long as you're not one of those dumb whore types.

• You need to either find the good guy, that you are just edgy enough for...

Or a guy with a white knight complex who is happiest when helping you out of jams...

I've tried cleaning up my act... and well... the relationships still don't last...

They just hurt more when they end.