What should I suggest this guy and I do for a first hangout/date?

I recently went out to a bar with a couple of friends for a birthday. My one friend and I sat for a little and people watched and a guy randomly started talking to us because he was people watching too. Turns out he went to the same college as me and we talked for awhile. He invited my friend and I back to his apt, and we went and just hung out and talked. We clicked pretty well too. He got my number before I left and he texted me the next day (he seemed a little shy about getting my number-I was already out the door me about to walk away before he got it).

We didn't talk much but I told him I'm done working before I go back to school (he's a little older than me) so I have all week off and he asked me if that was an invite to hang out with me. I told him it wasn't but it could be. Then it got awkward because I didn't mean to sound mean about it. A couple days later I texted him first and said that we should hang out this week and he agreed. He asked what I want to do and I have no clue. He said he doesn't know either so I said if figure something out but I'm not sure what.

I actually do just want to hang out with him (I'm not looking for sex the first hangout) so I'm not sure what I should tell him I want to do. I feel like movies are too obvious and I'm not sure how into me he is so I don't want it to sound like a date either, just a casual hangout. He doesn't text me too often and is pretty short so I'm not sure if he is only looking for sex or if this is a hangout/date or just plain hanging out, so I'm not sure what I should suggest we do?

What are other casual hangout/date ideas other than movies?

Most Helpful Guy

• I always recommend that your first few dates are an inexpensive activity that allows LOTS of time to talk to each other. At the start of a potential relationship, the goal is to learn about each other, and figure out not only if there is attraction and if your personalities "click", but also if you are compatible. The only way to find the answers to those questions is to do a lot of talking.

Having said that, there are plenty of things you can DO that allow you time to talk. Those things could be as simple as talking a long walk, or having a picnic in the park, to more "active" activities like bowling, shooting pool, mini-golf, going to a farmer's market or local festival, or whatever. The idea is to do something where it is quiet enough for you to be able to talk (bars, movies, and concerts are thus a bad idea), and where you have some relative privacy so that you can ask and answer somewhat personal questions. You won't want to have random strangers sitting right next to you or anything like that.

Look in the Local section of your local newspaper and find out what activities you have going on locally, or do one of the things I listed above, or something similar. "Dinner and a movie" is fine, but IMO that's best for when you're already in a relationship, because it's a lousy "get to know you" date.

What Guys Said 10

• I like to take her to the country club for tennis, croquet, handball or bocce, or just a walk along the beachside cliffs while the Pacific ocean pounds the coast. We might watch pro surfers drop into giant waves, have a few Mojitos and look at the taxidermy in my Father's Grand Room. A visit to the complementary spa for Massage and facials and a soak in the hot mineral bath keeps her relaxed for a nice drive along the Crescent Coast in a classic Bentley. I let her choose the color of the automobile we peruse that day. Later on, ballroom dancing in the Great Hall follows a succulent dinner of oysters, softshell crab, quail and morels, with triamisu for dessert. Usually it's enough to simply enjoy the rising moon over the ocean and tell her that she is one of the better people, and never to forget her position of affluence and privilege that she will enjoy spending her life with me, never lifting a finger for anything as long as she succumbs to my will and meets my every need physically and pseudo-emotionally. If she is not perfect I drop her back off in San Jose and never speak to her again.

• He was shy about getting your number, after he already got you back to his apartment!? Weird.

Call it what you will, but it's pretty much a date... Do something fun you might go for on any date. Dinner, lunch, movie. nothing wrong with watching a movie. Chances are, if you guys are attracted, you won't even pay attention anyways. Or just go out to a nice homey bar and have a drink and talk. Or go bowling. That can be pretty fun actually and you can really get a feel for his personality.

• Coffee is kinda my go-to first date if it's someone I meet online or don't know well at all. It's cheap and it only takes like twenty minutes to finish your drink in case you're not feeling it.

• Coffee, dinner, a walk in the city, car ride, casino, Dave and busters, somewhere where you can talk and get to know the guy

• Anywhere. at least where you can talk/get to know each other.

However, he should be suggesting, not you. Not in a misogynistic way, but women IMO like forward men.

• PAINTBALLLLL!

• beach?

• How about going to an amusement park or whatever is available in your area :)

• it depends but miniature golf is always a good first one

• Movies is one like you said. Another options is going to a place like dave and busters and have a little competition and play games to loosen up.

answer my question please? link

What Girls Said 0