Why are so many girls online interested in interracial dating?

I just ask because there's so many questions on this website from black women asking if white men would date a black girl.

In reality, the answers is 'no.' White men have no problem dating Hispanic or Asian women, because they're open to it. So, if they were open to black women, these questions would not be asked.

And no, it's not about racism. it's about preferences.

But the curiosity turns into desperation at times. Some people talk about bleaching their skin just to date interracially?

Why?

I don't ask this to be offensive, but I know y'all will get offended and rant about me or this topic.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is the same one or 2 users making accounts. Also, you have no way of knowing if the person behind the account is even a black female. I noticed you like to drive home the point that most white men are not interested in black women but fail to mention that that sentiment often goes both ways. I don't know many girls who actively seek interracial dating in real life.

• That's why I asked this and I mentioned it in a comment to someone else. Most aren't actively seeking to date interracially, but the few on here are desperate to do so

What Guys Said 15

• A lot of guys would date black girls. In any case ...

I saw some okcupid data just the other day. On THEIR site, basically every racial group was more willing to date interracially then whites. And white women were much less open to interracial dating then white men (actually in almost every group, Asians being the exception, the men were much more open to interracial dating).

Maybe half of whites are just prejudiced in their interests, I don't know. Maybe a lot of American whites don't mix with non whites hence are only interested in whites. I mix a lot with a lot of races, so maybe I'm not typical of white north Americans.

But I suspect that's not the only factor.

I suspect that there are dating sites that cater to specific racial/ethnic groups other then whites. So black girls who only want black guys are on sites that are for black singles. Asian girls who are only interested in Asian guys are on some Asian dating site. Virtually all the non-whites on 'general' dating sites are open to interracial dating or they wouldn't be on that site. The whites on that site include both those open to interracial dating and those who wouldn't.

Maybe its similar here, I don't know. It may be that black women only interested in black men just don't hang out on this site.

• Few would, but if more guys (whether white, Asian or Hispanic) were open to it, the girls on here wouldn't be so desperate for validation. Granted, it is only 2-3 black chicks who repeatedly ask the same questions about whether white guys would...

But I meant specifically on this site. There'll always be sites to cater to specific dating preferences though

• It's not about cultural similarities its about how forward and direct pick up style is.

• And there are clearly no differences if black men are able to pick up white women and white men are able to approach Hispanic (Hispanic men are much more direct and macho than white men) and Asian women

So basically, even by your theory, it goes back to the fact that black women are far different from Hispanic and Asian women, am I right? lulz

It's all about the differences and lack of attraction.

• For me it's NOT about skin color: in the dark we're all black, on the inside we're all pink.

I'd date a black woman which has about the same or better level of education & degree as I have.

I'd NOT date a Caucasian woman which has a lower level of education & degree than I have.

For me it's about preferences, communication, NOT about race.

A white, black, Asian or Latino high school drop out is NOT OK to date, just to f** & dump.

A Black, Asian, Latino with a masters degree is OK.

Even MORE: the evening I have to chose sharing a room or bed because there's no alternative I'll rather be in a room or bed with an educated black GUY than with some white trash girl. (or guy!)

Same for black trash, in case you hadn't understood it yet.

NOW:

WHEN will people here FINALLY stop looking no further than skin color or origin? NOBODY chooses his color or origin. Bleaching or sun tanning the skin are unhealthy and do not replace a degree or acquired cultural knowledge.

I don't say this to be offensive, but I know that if y'all will get offended and rant about me saying this. (Well, not all of you, I hope.)

I don't give a damn. Really.

• Wow education is important to you. I don't know I just don't find peoples education level to directly correlate with how desirable they are to me or even their intellect that directly.

• Education is way more important than skin color or origin. So is personality.

• I'm equal opportunity, for sure. In my experience, it seems to be more about black girls not liking white guys. I grew up in a mostly black neighborhood, and I couldn't get the time of day from black girls, and I've always done pretty well with girls in general. I couldn't get a date with any black girls until I went to college.

• Aside from this website, in reality, most black chicks aren't actively seeking white guys just as most white guys won't date black girls and aren't actively seeking them. black girls know it's pointless to try

• ...etc. My teammates, who were also black or Puerto Rican, laughed and were like yeah right, all of us here, they don't want the white boy." So this is based on personal experience, which may not mean I'm right per se, but I think it makes my opinion valid and arguable. But I'm glad to hear you don't discriminate.

• I would deftinitely give you the time of day, lol. Loooove white guys, so hott

• i prefer black women so get outa here with that garbo. Second off I love curvy thick women more than anything else. A few extra pounds where it counts is better than any skinny girl. Lastly I have tried to date black girls but none seem to want to date me so its the other way around doll.

• I'll bet it is...that's why so many desperate black girls are on here asking about white guys

• you already failed when you asked this question

• love this answer! and we prefer you too ;)

• Good question. I personally don't know what the big deal is myself. I suppose it's just the same old problem you get with anyone who has a crush on someone who doesn't feel the same way about them in return. If a blond girl liked a guy who seemed to prefer brunettes, she may feel obligated to dye her hair. This situation is no different, it's just more extreme and more than a bit ridiculous. Nobody should ever change themselves to try to win the approval of another, yet we all end up doing it from time-to-time, in one way or another.

As for white men not liking black women, I beg to differ. While I agree it's more about preference than any actual racism, I don't usually find myself looking at women with darker skin. This is due more to my lack of exposure to them growing up, though, than any other reason. We tend to be attracted to the type of people we're most used to seeing growing up. I grew up as a military brat, so I got to see kids from all over and many different ethnic backgrounds. Having had friends of various races, backgrounds, genders and social cliques, I have never seen race as an issue. I've been attracted to many different types of women, and yes, even women of different races, African Americans included. Being Caucasian and being raised in a family of all Caucasians, I am naturally most interested in other Caucasians, but if I met someone of another race whom I had a mutual attraction and interests as, I wouldn't hesitated to marry that woman. Race is a stupid issue that I've gotten quite tired of hearing about. We're all from the HUMAN RACE, anyway, so let's just leave it at that and get along already! :P

• I would rather date black than Asian. Of course I do not want a girl who acts like some ghetto crazy person with a very lou voice that just shouts all the time for no reason or is obnoxious. But then again I wouldn't want anybody who was crazy or obnoxious. Just be a nice respectful person and you will get he same. Don't change your appearance with cosmetic surgury, that's crazy

• Black is bootyful!

• a lot of white guys would date 'starter black girl'. she has a lot of white girl qualities. she is 'thin' (maybe some curves), usually lighter skinned, non-hoodrat, enjoys 'white culture', and is easily approached.

shaniqwa is not a girl that many guys want regardless of color. white girl shaniqwa is also not desired by many guys. big loud obnoxious women are not desired.

the reasons behind this are varied but a lot of it comes back to perceptions/stereotypes/portrayal in society about both guys & girls of different races. there may be some novelty to dating out of ones own race too.

• 'starter black girl'

lulz at being made the exception. that's not retarded at all. but like I said, white guys add a bunch of "only if the black girl is xyz" while not saying anything about any other race.

white girl shaniqua is defended by whites. Look at how many whites defend honey boo boo

• im being honest about what most white guys will date when it comes to black girls. as silly as it is the girl has to meet some of those qualities. it does also depend on where you lived growing up. big city or the south usually allows a white to be more acclimated to girls of different culture.

this guy doesn't defend parrot squawking girls of any color...they make all females look bad.

i like thin girls that are educated and don't do the hoodrat ghetto queen drama...regardless of color

• however, hotness can trump any other aspect of a girl.

as for why girls do the stupid things to 'get a white guy' I can't understand that and think it is sad. I do think that some of this desire to date a different race is like the 'new girl/guy in class' theory of something new/different being attractive.

there are people on both spectrums that are just out to F and person of X color/race. stereotype ex. time: black guy finds a fat white bitch or white guy getting the worst hoodrat possible

• Obviously a lot of black Women want to date white men Maybe it's because of the Social economic difference they would rather be with someone of a higher class or maybe you are wrong maybe There are just as many white men willing to date black women as there are black women willing to date white men so it might just be that white men Don't want to have to put up with the social stigma of dating the black girl or it could just be that too much black is a turn off in most white guys so you could be right

• I know about a white man who's married to a black woman, but she's a church going christian.

• It's all based on preference. Possibly because all the white girls are starting to date black guys now. Personally, I hate interracial sh*t.

• i think I know why they are starting to date us...

• Can you all kindly shut up & stop acting like victims? Thanks

• I assure you no one is acting like a victim. Last time I check I was responding to comments on my answer. All I'm pointing out is political correct garbage and hopefully making people think. A lot of people have this mentality like all white people are rich and privileged and that's far from the case.

• More races, more options.

• i think I could possibly be an honest question. but I will say I do think you are wrong, because I've seen many white male, black female couples. not nearly as much as the reverse, but they are present.

• this question reminds me of the pilot for it's always sunny in philadelphia. but with that said, I have no idea. bitches be crazy, for real.

• it depends. I doubt some black American women online are representative of all in the USA.

Besides, maybe they are just curious. Who cares if they are? since when are basic human traits evil?

What Girls Said 4

• Some people base their self-worth on getting a guy of a certain race (mainly white) to date them. It's sad but I think it's really only the same few chicks who keep asking those questions.

I mean on one hand this is a relationships and dating website but on the other hand, they may just be trolling, legitimately want a white guy to notice them, or seeking some sort of validation for themselves.

Certain people hold the white race on a pedestal and it's ridiculous honestly. I don't understand the rage for white men from so many women. I mean personally, I'll date any race (including white guys) but I don't limit myself to one race of men over another.

I think these women you're talking about are insecure about their race and desperately want a white man to make them feel "worthy" since, like I said, the white race is *generally speaking* held up on a pedestal by society.

• I totally agree with you that race should never matter. I hate pedestals. Its like charity nobody asked for. People need their dignity too; its injurious to think only your skin is helping and not anything else about you. The flipside of course is being guilty for thousands of years of oppression and genocide. That really isn't a very nice pedestal to stand on.

• "...think these women you're talking about are insecure about their race and desperately want a white man to make them feel "worthy" since, like I said, the white race is *generally speaking* held up on a pedestal by society."

You totally hit half the nail on the head. The other half being that someone simply has a shear attraction to a certain ethnicity. Ex: Those white dudes that only date petite Asians.

• @MrAtticusLebowski: Yes, that could very well be the case as well. But referring to specific women who literally want to bleach their skin in order to get a white guy, I tink that's a little more than a preference.

• wow thanks for asking now I am going to change my look and personality, so many are open gee wiz I never though..bye

• I got a interracial boyfriend. He loves me very much, have a good time every day now

Between blacks and whites, there should be no racial discrimination,As articles photos, black and white looks very match together, very harmonious.Let's talk about another topic, Love sees no color.racial marriage.Has become a trend.More and more people feel the racial love journey,True love is regardless of color, regardless of their race.So love me love my color,.If you don't mind, I'd like to recommend you an a serious of interesting dating places.Search Google or Bing by Mixedspark.com where its the largest and best club for seeking interracial singles, black athletes, doctors, lawyers, investors, entrepreneurs, They want to find a serious dating relationship,find a good reliable lover for a long lasting relationship with love. no racial discrimination,just try dating the site member of single to see if it worth your time. Best wishes. You lovely Cupid!

• why are you always asking things about interracial dating? Are you obsessed because you have like 20 questions about it and most of them are rude and offensive.