Why would a guy bring their friend on their blind date?

I was wondering if it was a culture thing or just happened to be coincidence. I've been on quite a few blind dates with white guys, and they showed up each time alone. On the other hand, both black guys had a friend with them, who then left a couple of minutes after I showed up. Could this be a cultural thing? Or do you think they just wanted their guy friends to be there in case I turned out to be crazy? I'm curious why a guy whou,d have a friend with him on his blind dqte, please let me know what you think.

Hey, so In the end I just asked him about that. Turns out is was just a random guy he had just met on the subway on the way to meet me. Haha.

Most Helpful Guy

• For safety, if you turned out to be a psychotic serial killer. And for company if you had not shown up. Seems reasonable to me.

What Guys Said 6

• Blind date could be a setup. Supposed to meet some chick, and half a dozen guys jump you. Just a precaution.

• No offense but this question cracks me up. It's like a back handed compliment kinda. So his backup leaves when it's verified you're sane? lol. He probably has dated some really crazy chicks. If I was in you're position I'd straight up ask "what's with your boy tagging along?" see what crazy explanation comes out.

• UPDATE: the conclusion to this question is unsatisfactory lol. So it was just some random dude? having a hard time believing his story.

• to see if you're down for some train.

• Because we aren't p******. Let the hate rain down haha

• Smeones looking to pick a fight. Anyway I don't even know what word you used its covered by stars

• lol Keyboard warrior

• You have one between your legs. That's what I said. Yes, mr90skid I beat up my keyboard on a daily basis.

• Yeah, it's probably for safety and company.

What Girls Said 1

• I can see the reasons posted about you being a sane, normal person making sense. Please meet blind dates only in public places, with decent crowds around...for your own safety. :-)